This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933647 by eugegall
20 Mar 2017, 21:48
Over the past couple of years we have paid to fly in Upper Class a couple of times. One was an Ex-Eu, which worked a treat for 5 of us to LAS.

All I ever hear from people and even a friend of mine who is a Virgin First Officer is that its impossible to spend them!

Challenge accepted.

Me and the other half both had exactly 115,000 air miles in our account and a honeymoon to book. We thought it would be a nice idea to fly to New York for 4 night and then to Antigua for 10 nights and fly directly home from there.

Called them and two seats were available on our preferred flights on both legs in Upper Class.

115,000 air miles and £500 each for Upper Class return flights booked at first attempt. Saved me a fortune!!

Couldn't have been easier.
#933660 by TimCrawley
21 Mar 2017, 08:01
Congratulations to OP and Florida White - it can be a pain or you can drop lucky so it's good to hear you both dropped lucky.

I'm flying this afternoon to LAX spending miles - couldn't get what I wanted to LAS (but there's only 14 UC seats on the VS43 so hardly a shock) but LAX, overnight en-route at Barstow doing the drive at leisure was a decent result, so I was very pleased too with my good fortune. Also bagged a round trip to ANU (at pre FC changes rates too) in October/November so I've made a nice dent in the 400k+ miles I had stashed :-)
#933664 by eugegall
21 Mar 2017, 10:22
TimCrawley wrote:Congratulations to OP and Florida White - it can be a pain or you can drop lucky so it's good to hear you both dropped lucky.

I'm flying this afternoon to LAX spending miles - couldn't get what I wanted to LAS (but there's only 14 UC seats on the VS43 so hardly a shock) but LAX, overnight en-route at Barstow doing the drive at leisure was a decent result, so I was very pleased too with my good fortune. Also bagged a round trip to ANU (at pre FC changes rates too) in October/November so I've made a nice dent in the 400k+ miles I had stashed :-)


Nice! Enjoy it.

Where are you staying in ANU?

I've not been before but can't wait. Going in December.
#933665 by DocRo
21 Mar 2017, 10:55
Planning and a little flexibility seems to be the key.
I don't travel that frequently but will have managed to spend nearly a million miles over the last 6 years by the end of the summer on UC travel for me mostly and occasionally other family members. Actually, in retrospect, I've rarely been disappointed even managing to book all 5 of us transatlantic this summer during the school holidays for our Colorado and California odyssey.
Unfortunately, the account is now very depleted :-(
Needless to say, the tips picked up on this website have helped enormously :D
#933669 by marshy11
21 Mar 2017, 11:41
eugegall wrote:
Where are you staying in ANU?

I've not been before but can't wait. Going in December.


December is a lovely time to go. We've been lots and our last visit was Nov/Dec last year to NonSuch Bay resort. Can thoroughly recommend it.

Well done on grabbing the G's. I have to say we've never found it difficult.
#933670 by TimCrawley
21 Mar 2017, 11:53
Where are you staying in ANU?


I tend to 'rough it' compared to the lovely resorts some head for - just look for some of the stunning photos from Marshy's TRs as NonSuch Bay resort looks so wonderful.

I generally stay at Jolly Beach Resort as it's 'cheap as chips - I paid $79 a night' for an all-inclusive from their own website and I simply love the beach and the staff there (rooms are quite basic but it's the sun and the beach that I'm going to Antigua for anyway).

You'll definitely get some good advice on V-Flyer and should find some hotel reviews and photos on the return (ANU-LGW) trip reports already posted.
#933705 by eugegall
22 Mar 2017, 22:03
marshy11 wrote:
eugegall wrote:
Where are you staying in ANU?

I've not been before but can't wait. Going in December.


December is a lovely time to go. We've been lots and our last visit was Nov/Dec last year to NonSuch Bay resort. Can thoroughly recommend it.

Well done on grabbing the G's. I have to say we've never found it difficult.


Oh really? What typical weather can we expect for December do you think?

Keen to hear your opinions on your previous visits.

Thanks
#933706 by eugegall
22 Mar 2017, 22:04
TimCrawley wrote:
Where are you staying in ANU?



You'll definitely get some good advice on V-Flyer and should find some hotel reviews and photos on the return (ANU-LGW) trip reports already posted.


Good idea. I'm going on the search now!!
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 23 guests

Itinerary Calendar