This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933722 by ratechaser
23 Mar 2017, 19:01
No, I'm not asking where they are! I know that pretty well already. More a bit of curiosity on my part as to why they are not at the front of the Y section on this plane? For me that would make a lot more sense as getting off the plane quickly and through immigration is a priority, especially when hitting the caribbean countries where it can become a very long process.

Anyway, it's a consideration I'm weighing up right now. Do I stick with rows 27/28 (assuming I can get them at T-72, lowly red that I am :blush: ) or pay for the legroom in rows 39/40 and potentially add an extra 10 minutes to the passport queue when I get to BGI?

Or am I just overthinking this, as usual? I'm still obviously hoping for PE award seats to pop up, but it's getting pretty close now...

RC
#933726 by tontybear
23 Mar 2017, 20:51
I'd go with the extra leg room for 6+ hours than saving 10 mins in the passport queue!

No ideawhy they are at the back of the plane though!
#933743 by sungod
24 Mar 2017, 11:03
yes row 75 in the bubble is good, aside from unlimited legroom, it's also more peaceful

slight downsides are that it's emergency exit seating so the tray table is in the armrest which loses a bit of width, and of course no option to flip up the armrest
#933747 by LucyLu
24 Mar 2017, 15:09
Definitely recommend the upstairs seats anyway if you can get them. Obviously the front row are the best but any up there are good as you get off quickly (before the PE people at the front upstairs!) and the service upstairs is usually very good as there are so few passengers.
#933780 by ratechaser
25 Mar 2017, 14:27
Sadly all the bubble seats had gone by the time I booked otherwise I agree it would be a no-brainer. Managed to get upstairs for the return in PE though - very surprised there were 4 seats still up for grabs as the flight was only 3 weeks away when I upgraded...

I will probably go with the extra legroom seats but am curious how things are handled on a full flight like this one if people don't pay to sit in them - do they just treat it like a mini-upgrade for any AUs etc that are in normal Y seats?
Virgin Atlantic