This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933682 by Snora
21 Mar 2017, 19:13
so this may have already been posted but it is worth a mention : Register your payment cards on Shops Away and any Waitrose instore purchases will earn 4 miles for every £1. In addition - using your Virgin Miles Visa or Amex will attract miles too.

see : http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/03/21 ... club-miles

Registering my two cards was problem free.

I was starting to become a bit jaded about where I could earn more miles - so my regular Saturday shop just got more productive ! :D
#933685 by ColOrd
21 Mar 2017, 19:39
The Lord did taketh away (EON Rewards) but the Lord hath given his flock something much better!!

I have a Waitrose in Peterborough station and a Waitrose at work in King's Cross! 4m/p/£ is pretty awesome too!
#933688 by sungod
21 Mar 2017, 20:40
thanks for posting this! almost all my shopping is at the local waitrose :)

though once on shops away, i was reminded of the umpteen points i've missed out on by forgetting to visit it before other online shopping, the auto-detection browser plugin doesn't work for most of the places i shop, grrr
#933691 by Snora
22 Mar 2017, 08:49
sungod wrote:thanks for posting this! almost all my shopping is at the local waitrose :)

though once on shops away, i was reminded of the umpteen points i've missed out on by forgetting to visit it before other online shopping, the auto-detection browser plugin doesn't work for most of the places i shop, grrr

Exactly my experience too ! Hubby and I are now re-trained to check Shops Away prior to any purchases ! I hadn't realised the plug in is so unpredictable regarding which retailers it chooses to send up an alert about.

I just wish Virgin hadn't made actually getting to Shops Away such a marathon now ! How many 'clicks' ??!!!! Really !!
#933693 by DoomWolf
22 Mar 2017, 11:37
Snora wrote:
sungod wrote:I just wish Virgin hadn't made actually getting to Shops Away such a marathon now ! How many 'clicks' ??!!!! Really !!

I just have the following link bookmarked on my browser toolbar (next to one for Quidco):

https://shop.virgin-atlantic.com/

If you want to go straight to the login page, use https://shop.virgin-atlantic.com/login?ref=/

It's actually much easier now as you no longer have to be logged into FC to get to the Shops Away page.
#933700 by pjh
22 Mar 2017, 19:17
Given the amount we spend at Waitrose, welcome indeed. I need to remember to register my VS Amex as well and to work out whether it's better to go for the additional points with that card rather than the cashback (well, vouchers) from the Waitrose card.
#933762 by tomthumb
24 Mar 2017, 20:42
Yes I'm a very happy bunny as well, but I wonder how long it will last - 4 miles to the £1 is a very good offer, but long may it continue.
#934133 by locutus
06 Apr 2017, 11:52
It's nice that spending 50p on my Monzo card in the Waitrose cafe on my "Flat white, extra shot" gets me 2 miles, when a lot of places would not give anything if you spend less than £1.

I spent most of my miles before the devaluation, so it'll take a few more coffees before I can use my miles for a flight though!
Virgin Atlantic