This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933830 by MoJoJo
27 Mar 2017, 20:44
So it appears not only can you no longer book flights involving any element of cash payment for flights to Cuba but you can no longer check in online either.

There's several reports of people downgraded from UC and PE based on not checking in online.

I will be absolutely fuming if this happens to me on my upcoming VRA flights
#933835 by Silver Fox
27 Mar 2017, 23:06
What on earth do they think they will achieve by downgrading people who do not check in online? And what on earth Einstein came up with that? Did they have work experience year 10 there?
#933836 by tontybear
27 Mar 2017, 23:26
In an over booking situation and they need to downgrade then time of check-in is a factor in deciding who to bump.

The earlier you check-in the less likely it will be you.

It used to be clearly stated on the old version of the website that it was a factor.

I don't think MoJoJo is saying people are being downgraded as some sort of punishment! Thogh it would be useful if MoJoJo could provide a link to some of those reports.
#933849 by MoJoJo
28 Mar 2017, 10:39
I don't have links to share as have seen a number of reports on social media where different people have been downgraded at check in in Cuba and been told it was because they did not check in online. Given there is a systems issue that prevents online check in this seems a bit unfair.

With regards overbooking I can understand it on business routes however on a leisure route when they know x number of people are in a destination and will be returning at the end of their holiday it doesn't seem to have the same justification