This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933885 by DocRo
29 Mar 2017, 00:03
Hoping for some advice from Manchester airport users to help me book a connecting flight
We will be arriving from SFO on VS126 and need to connect to a flight to Belfast. ETA is 1205
We need to clear immigration, collect bags and check in in Terminal 3.
Our options are 1415 or 1705
We are travelling UC and can move pretty quickly but 1415 is possibly 30 mins too early for absolute comfort. I am still tempted to go for it as I expect immigration to be quiet that time of day
I expect my Amex Plat travel benefits would cover for a missed connection
#933910 by VS075
29 Mar 2017, 12:22
DocRo wrote:Hoping for some advice from Manchester airport users to help me book a connecting flight
We will be arriving from SFO on VS126 and need to connect to a flight to Belfast. ETA is 1205
We need to clear immigration, collect bags and check in in Terminal 3.
Our options are 1415 or 1705
We are travelling UC and can move pretty quickly but 1415 is possibly 30 mins too early for absolute comfort. I am still tempted to go for it as I expect immigration to be quiet that time of day
I expect my Amex Plat travel benefits would cover for a missed connection

One thing to bear in mind is that you're looking at about 10-15mins walk from T2 to T3 as they're both at opposite ends of the terminal areas. You'd need to walk towards The Station, then onwards to T1, then downstairs to follow the paths to T3.

If I were you I'd get a taxi from T2 to T3.
#934015 by DocRo
02 Apr 2017, 00:34
Thanks for that- didn't think of getting a taxi
I will monitor the ontime stats on the new route and hope for a speedy trip through immigration before booking