This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#837086 by v8gaz
07 Feb 2013, 17:11
Has anyone found a limo service that will drive us from T5 to T3 for drive-thru check-in? Flying on Saturday (9/2/13)

Otherwise its the HEX again for us!
#837097 by tontybear
07 Feb 2013, 18:42
If you pay them enough any limo / taxi phones will but TBH and in my personal opinion it would be a waste of time for very little extra benefit. (Yes the UC wing is nice but you'll spend less than 5 mins there.)

You would have to coordinate your arrival into T5 (possibly collecting luggage (if not through checked) and/or clearing immigration) with meeting the car and also linking this with your booked time slot for DTCI. You would also need to tell VS the car details at least 30 mins before your slot.

Instead of the HEX you could use the airport connections system / bus and this means you will remain air-side.
#837119 by honey lamb
07 Feb 2013, 21:29
tontybear wrote:Instead of the HEX you could use the airport connections system / bus and this means you will remain air-side.

You can only use the Flight Connection bus if your bags are through checked.
#837199 by hat
08 Feb 2013, 15:28
although drive thru checkin is fun i quite like walking through the big doors into T3 & heading right to the UC desks, for the look on other people's faces if nothing else as you take the private lift up to the UC wing
#934807 by Bretty
30 Apr 2017, 19:18
If you really want to do it, and DTCI is fun, you could try using Uber, get an Uber XL or if you want something more stylish Uber Exec (I'm not fussed on type of car, but I do like using DTCI). Book your slot if you want VS to have your boarding passes ready, but remember you can just rock up now without pre-booking. Whenever we've booked a slot and used Uber I have called to give number plate once my Uber ride is confirmed, the driver ID and number plate is given as standard in the app. So that's about 15-20 mins before I arrive.
Virgin Atlantic