This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935535 by soupey202
26 May 2017, 12:57
Hi,

We are returning IAD - LHR tomorrow in UC and note that the clubhouse opens at 3pm, I assume therefore that check will also open at or just before 3pm? We have to leave our accommodation at 1.30 and even allowing for car hire return should be at the airport about 2.30pm so the quicker we can get to the clubhouse the better!

Thanks
#935537 by tontybear
26 May 2017, 13:33
VS website says the check in desks / bag drop open 4 hours before scheduled time of departure.

It also says the CH opens at 3pm

You could always delay your arrival at IAD by having a nice lunch somewhere or isiting the Air & Space Museum. Both much nicer than waiting in an airport terminal!
#935538 by soupey202
26 May 2017, 13:45
Hi, we thought about that but it would mean leaving all our luggage in the car and we're not sure it will all fit in the trunk out of sight. I am hoping that at least in the clubhouse we will have wifi to start catching up on things for our return.

Thanks

Sue
#935541 by sungod
26 May 2017, 16:19
there's wifi in the IAD clubhouse, food is good too, though they lose a point for no fries with the burger

it's bijou compared to LHR, but the staff are friendly and efficient, especially keeping the bubbly topped up

although a VS clubhouse, it is shared with some other airlines, at times it can get a bit crowded with pax from other flights

not sure i'd want to spend more than a couple of hours in there though