This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935572 by chocksaway
27 May 2017, 18:17
Last year me, my husband & adult son travelled to the US on a group visa. Unfortunately my son has had to replace a damaged passport, (the plonker went swimming with it in his pocket)!
I know that I now have to apply for a new esta for him.
My questions are -

1. Do I have to get new ones for my husband & I, (with it being a group esta)?
2. If we don't need a new one, do I have to change any details on their website or will that automatically be done when I apply for my sons?
3. My husband & I are travelling back on different dates to each other, with it being a group esta is this ok?
4. Do you have to change first nights address on the esta website, if different from last year?

I hope this makes sense.
I will definitely be getting single estas next time!!

Any advice welcomed.
#935576 by chocksaway
27 May 2017, 18:32
Sorry, meant to put esta.
I have a group ID number & group information written across the top. Then below it lists the status of each individual application within your group.
#935577 by tontybear
27 May 2017, 18:35
My understanding is that there is no such thing as a group ESTA other than it being a mechanism to make a single payment for applcations from say a family or a group tour so you would each have your own individual ESTA

You could check the authorisaion numbers for each of you via the ESTA website - they should be different.

ESTA applies only to entering the USA so yes you can all leave on different days.

You don't have to update 1st night address and flight numbers but it is recommended. They get that info anyway because of the APIS data you submit to the airline
#935579 by chocksaway
27 May 2017, 18:48
Thankyou tonty. So even though I made the application as a group (that was for ease of payment etc), we still have individual ESTA's so sons old ESTA on the group will probably be automatically cancelled when (or if) they issue him with a new one. Thankyou again for your reply.
#935582 by Traveller2
27 May 2017, 21:23
Even though you applied for the ESTAs as a group, every person has their own individual one. So, your son needs a new ESTA but the rest of you don't.

Once you have your ESTA approved, it is valid for two years (unless you get a new passport in that time frame) and you do not have to update ANY information on it. Many people go to the USA every year and have no idea where they are going to stay when they apply for their ESTA. I believe they put "Unknown" in the address field. Think of the hassle involved if people going to the USA on business every few weeks had to keep updating their hotel address!!

Your hotel address will be collected by your airline in the API you give them before you fly.
Virgin Atlantic