This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935774 by CommanderB
06 Jun 2017, 09:54
To see if there are UC reward seats on your chosen date/route, do a booking on the VS website and select 'Use Miles' as the payment, and that will show what is available.

Alternatively, use a tool like ExpertFlyer.
#935775 by MRoscoe
06 Jun 2017, 11:35
Hi CommanderB
Thanks for your advice. I have managed to secure 1 seat un UC, but am unable to find out if Virgin only released the one seat or somebody was quicker than me and got the others. I would welcome any input on using the ExpertFlyer that you mentioned. Either to wait it out and see if another seat appears or I just give up and go back to PE.
Regards
#935777 by tontybear
06 Jun 2017, 12:46
VS won't make information about how many reward seats it offers on each flight publically available.

I your case it is possible that they only released one it's equally possible they released more and some one else was quicker than you.

You've not mentioned your route and date as to a degree that determines how many seats they releases.
#935779 by gumshoe
06 Jun 2017, 13:28
Just keep checking the website, daily if you can.

Reward seats can and do appear at any time, even if they've come and gone before.

There are only 14 UC seats on the 747s that operate the LAS flights, so availability will always be limited. But if you're flexible with dates you've got a reasonable chance a couple will open up.
#935783 by David
06 Jun 2017, 13:49
Not sure how reward seats work with Delta but guessing you would probably have to pay the internal flight but someone with more knowledge will be able to confirm or otherwise.

The cost in economy is around $ 326

There are also reward seats available from JFK to MAN on or around that date.

David
#935797 by Sealink
06 Jun 2017, 16:27
Changing at Atlanta is a breeze and the terminal Virgin use is amazing...

Have checked Expert Flyer, as they can now search for G class, however you will only get 'Available' or 'Unavailable'.

Currently for this date, direct flight is not available - as you know, nor are connections from LAS to other US points. Annoyingly, ATL - MAN does have seats in G.

This is the rest of the flight - I would echo the advice to check daily. May 2018 is still far away and it could be that they have not yet loaded reward fares in the small UC cabin.

VS 86 LAS - MAN 3MAY18
J9 C9 D9 I9 Z7 G0 W9 S9 H9 K9 Y9 B9 R9 L9 U9 M9 E9 Q9 X9 V9 N9 O9
#936189 by Gavin
23 Jun 2017, 21:25
Is it me or is reward availability more scarce for next year than it used to me.

looking at MCO there are many weeks between Jan and May with no availability in any cabin, I doubt economy is anywhere near full on most of those dates, so I think VS are restricting supply at the moment.
#936215 by MRoscoe
24 Jun 2017, 18:42
Hi to all.

"Have I missed the boat".........It has been a few weeks and countless hours on the website, but I have managed to get to my award flights. Both ways in UC.

All I can say to others in the same boat is, hang on in there and keep hitting the website....it has worked for me.

Many thanks to all that helped with info and advice.
Virgin Atlantic