This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936186 by Smid
23 Jun 2017, 19:51
Yeah, I know there's an ex DUB thread, I think I might have been the original poster.

I've done about 5-6 ex-DUB BA fares and it was always just a matter of worst comes to the worse phone BA to book it, so I took it as phone Virgin to book my booking sitting on the ITA matrix.

So I got someone who seemed incapable of booking the flights and fare codes that the ita matrix gave me, sadly.

Any tips as to how to book it. Clearly the fare might have gone, but I get the impression it was a technicality on matching fare codes, so any advice to book that? I tried book with matrix with this and another BA fare, but the phrase "it's a bit shit" applies there...
#936190 by tontybear
23 Jun 2017, 21:29
expedia using the multi city option sometimes works for me.

you could always try again and hope for a more clued up agent
#936200 by Smid
24 Jun 2017, 12:00
So it is possible to book via their phone line?

Has anyone booked an ex dub?

Expedia didn't work on multi city option for me, I'm at the stage of completely abandoning this unless I find out how someone has successfully done this before...
#936201 by tontybear
24 Jun 2017, 12:12
yes it is - you just need the right agent to be able to do it as it's not a run of the mill booking
#936202 by Smid
24 Jun 2017, 13:21
Thanks for that, but sadly its too late. The matrix spat back the fare +£250 today, and I was booking 3 people so that's not happening anymore...

Just so sad the level of knowledge on these phone lines... Agent insisted it just wasn't possible.
Virgin Atlantic