This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936273 by Sealink
27 Jun 2017, 00:35
After a lovely week in Boston with two pals, arrived at Boston Logan to be asked would I mind volunteering to be ....

ME: Offloaded, put up in a hotel, and given a bucket load of miles? Yes!

THEM: No... you'll be sitting in Premium Economy and we'll give you 100K miles OR a free G-Class UC return ticket to anywhere on our network.

ME: Urgh, no thanks. I want to fly in Upper.

I get to the lounge and I am thinking and thinking. 100k miles is OK but a free G class return to anywhere is much much better, given how high UC mileage redemptions can be.

So I go to the lovely Boston lounge staff and advise that not only am I volunteering to be considered, put me to the top of the queue.

I am travelling with two friends, and I used some miles to help upgrade them on our flights to UC.

One of them, get this, volunteers to sit in the PE seat for me.

I simply won't hear of this. But he insists.

So, I am sitting in UC, with a voucher for a free UC flight, while my friend, grateful that I used my miles to upgrade him on the outbound, is enjoying PE, which he has also never used before.

To top it all, the flight was just over five hours because the wind was in our favour, so my pal had a great flight but wasn't at all put out as it was so short. Checked on him a few times and he was fast asleep!

Result, or what?
#936276 by tontybear
27 Jun 2017, 01:24
Don't They Know Who You Are??

Free as in not even having to pay the fees and taxes or the other non free free ?

I'm still trying to work out what to do now they've cancelled my flight to IAD!
#936280 by hiljil
27 Jun 2017, 07:18
Wow. Not bad ! :-D ;-)
#936288 by Sealink
27 Jun 2017, 12:04
SlimpyJones wrote:100,000 miles ain't bad. Could translate to £594 off a future flight.

Free G Class rtn to any VS destination is much better as it that includes all taxes and charges too. Valid for three years!
#936297 by Bretty
27 Jun 2017, 14:29
As someone I know used to say, "you've got more jam than Hartley's", what an offer to be given and turned down once. Lucky man.
#936317 by spacedog
27 Jun 2017, 23:40
Sealink wrote:
SlimpyJones wrote:100,000 miles ain't bad. Could translate to £594 off a future flight.

Free G Class rtn to any VS destination is much better as it that includes all taxes and charges too. Valid for three years!

Woah! That is a great result :)
#936357 by NV43
29 Jun 2017, 12:46
That is a result.

With sparkles. :cool:

I'm guessing, because you didn't mention them, that the IFE was working and your duvet wasn't damp.

I look into my crystal ball and foresee Sealink flying to CPT, SFO, LAX, HKG or PVG; it's all about maximising the time in the Clubhouse and cabin.

NV
#936366 by honey lamb
29 Jun 2017, 16:54
NV43 wrote:That is a result.

With sparkles. :cool:

I'm guessing, because you didn't mention them, that the IFE was working and your duvet wasn't damp.

I look into my crystal ball and foresee Sealink flying to CPT, SFO, LAX, HKG or PVG; it's all about maximising the time in the Clubhouse and cabin.

NV

Virgin no longer fly to CPT
#936539 by tomthumb
06 Jul 2017, 17:10
That is a result !!
Virgin Atlantic