This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936304 by Blitzen
27 Jun 2017, 16:44
Hi,

Staying in the Crowne Plaza Blackfriars I added the car service (miles) to get to LHR in comfort and relaxed. Now I just found out that London Rides takes place on the day of my departure (7/29 4:15pm) ..... As the street at the hotel is not closed that should still be possible but maybe they move the pick up earlier to take the increased traffic into account.

BUT if somehow the traffic is so bad that I miss the plane what will happen then? Will Virgin take responsibility (as they set pick-up time) and rebook me on the next flight (flying into Newark there wouldn't be one but there is a later one into JFK)? .....
#936305 by Phil.Durrant
27 Jun 2017, 17:16
i doubt Virgin will take responsibility as ultimately, the customer sets the pick up time, in much the same way you would decide what time to leave if you were driving your own car. When you book the car service, it generates an estimated time (which i assume is based purely on distance) but you are able to change that if needed

Last time i used the service i knew there were a lot of roadworks going on near me so set the pick up time to be 45 minutes earlier than i would normally have needed it to be
#936320 by preiffer
28 Jun 2017, 03:09
As long as they've set the pickup time, they're 100% responsible (and I know that from previous experience!)
So, call them - reconfirm, and you'll be fine.

On another note, generally speaking the drivers in town tend to know ways to get around the traffic anyway :-D
#936327 by Professor Yaffle
28 Jun 2017, 09:28
Prudential Ride London is a royal pain in the a$$ as far as traffic disruption goes. The route goes right past your hotel along the embankment so you can expect major disruption in the local area. The route also takes in the A4 out past Chiswick, so will divert all westbound traffic up onto the A40. Road closures will be in place from the early hours until mid-afternoon.

So if I were you I would be allowing a lot of extra time for that journey, or taking the HEX...
#936347 by Blitzen
28 Jun 2017, 19:27
preiffer wrote:As long as they've set the pickup time, they're 100% responsible (and I know that from previous experience!)
So, call them - reconfirm, and you'll be fine.

On another note, generally speaking the drivers in town tend to know ways to get around the traffic anyway :-D

That was what I was hoping for.
Virgin Atlantic