This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936777 by oceanscape
22 Jul 2017, 12:52
I just received a schedule change email saying:

1) My flight to DXB on Monday 20 November has been changed to Tuesday 21 November.

2) My return flight on Sunday 26 November has been changed to Saturday 25 November.

Is this because they are no longer running this route on these dates or they oversold tickets etc?

What are my rights here? To be frank I am extremely frustrated because those dates were fixed. Am I entitled to a full refund? The email conveniently doesn't mention.
#936780 by gumshoe
22 Jul 2017, 13:17
oceanscape wrote:What are my rights here? To be frank I am extremely frustrated because those dates were fixed. Am I entitled to a full refund? The email conveniently doesn't mention.

It seems to be the time for schedule tinkering. And not just on VS - BA have done a lot this week as well.

Your rights are to be rebooked on to a suitable alternative (which, in the case of a once-a-day route like DXB, means another day unfortunately) or to a full refund.
#936782 by clarkeysntfc
22 Jul 2017, 13:43
Suggest you check prices on other airlines for the dates you originally want to travel. If they're lower/broadly the same as your VS ticket was then cancel with VS and get a full refund.

If they're not, then I'd dig my heels in to be re-booked on to another airline on my dates of travel.

When VS pulled our Vancouver flight they rebooked us on BA after a bit of persuasion that DL via Seattle wasn't acceptable.
#936786 by walesflyer
22 Jul 2017, 15:01
i would call them. We got an email a while back notifying us that our flights to and from Seattle had been moved, the outbound a day later, and the return a day earlier, effectively shortening our trip by two days. I thought it was because the days of the flights had actually changed, but then i saw realised there were still daily flights. They moved us back to what we had booked, no questions asked... and were puzzled as to why we had been moved in the first place!
#936791 by Snora
22 Jul 2017, 17:59
email today : our JAN 18 outbound flight LHR to HKG has been cancelled. no flights on that date/day now. so now transferred to 24 hrs earlier, now requires new BA shuttle down to LHR (£60 fee pp) + extra hotel in HKG. not ideal. rang UC desk but no other solution exept fly 24 hrs later ( still incurs Shuttle change and £120) no miles either as a sweetener. The good ole days are certainly over !
Virgin Atlantic