This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936798 by shaneg17
23 Jul 2017, 08:45
Hi all

I'm on VS9 on Thursday and since booking its pretty much stayed as being an A340-600 however a couple months back it changed to the A333. It looks like the change is for 2 days only.

Is this weird or fairly normal? Why would VS do this...aircraft availability / computer error?

There are still 5 seats showing as available in the UC Cabin so maybe they've done this because the flight isn't busy enough to make best use of the A346? I understand they have more UC seats than the 333?

I'd prefer the metal to be the 333 so hoping it stays like this
#936800 by Nottingham Nick
23 Jul 2017, 10:40
VS only have a small fleet, so aircraft changes are inevitable I am afraid. The most common reasons are aircraft going tech, planned / short notice maintenance or (as you suggest) - loads.
It used to be that 'what plane will I be on?' was one of the most asked questions on V-Flyer, which is one of the reasons Pete wrote the code to capture the previous aircraft used on each route.
This, however, was in the days when the quality of IFE on the planes varied tremendously. The advent of iPads, and other personal players has made the IFE far less of an issue these days.
We used to say that you won't know for sure what aircraft you are on until it is at the stand on the outbound, or takes off to your destination on the return. I suppose the same maxim holds true today.

Nick
#936802 by shaneg17
23 Jul 2017, 11:48
Thanks Nick

To be fair its my first time in UC so whatever the aircraft i intend to embrace it to the maximum.