This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936823 by Mash Tattie
24 Jul 2017, 20:10
Hi, has anybody had any experience with delays in immigration due to the ongoing building work at MCO?? We experienced a delay back in April due to this but was wondering if the work was now complete in this area?
Thanks
#936826 by virginboy747
24 Jul 2017, 22:06
Half the immigration hall is still blocked off so it gets very busy when several jumbos all land together. They've been neeping pax on the plane until there is enough room during very busy periods and also haveva holding room before you actually get to the immigration hall
#936831 by shaneg17
25 Jul 2017, 06:17
We got the same email from VS warning of delays.

We was on VS15, getting through immigration took less time than the queue for the car hire.

Luck of the draw maybe...
#936835 by gumshoe
25 Jul 2017, 12:22
As virginboy says it's largely down to whether any other international flights have beaten you to it.

If yours is the only/first flight to arrive, you should be through pretty quickly. But there are days when as many as six VS (plus BA, plus other airlines) flights all arrive in the space of about 3 hours. Then, expect chaos - building work or not.
#936837 by David
25 Jul 2017, 13:33
gumshoe wrote:As virginboy says it's largely down to whether any other international flights have beaten you to it.

If yours is the only/first flight to arrive, you should be through pretty quickly. But there are days when as many as six VS (plus BA, plus other airlines) flights all arrive in the space of about 3 hours. Then, expect chaos - building work or not.

Would agree with the above.

Having read some the posts from airlinequality.com link, I would take some with a pinch of salt. Having entered the US via Orlando many many times, some of the posts / descriptions don't make any sense but would agree in recent times, some of the TSA need a little refresher in terms of customer service.

David
#936855 by Hev60
25 Jul 2017, 20:46
Hope you're right David. We flew into Orlando two years ago and I reported back how impressed I was with the new exit roads from the airport leading to the 417 Greenaway. We was at our Walt Disney hotel so quickly. Actually 'slipped' onto the 417 without even realising it, such a vast improvement on the old stop-start route along Boggy Creek Road. Also I guess its the old story, often people only feedback a negative review :-P
#936858 by honey lamb
25 Jul 2017, 22:03
gumshoe wrote:As virginboy says it's largely down to whether any other international flights have beaten you to it.

Aaah! The bliss of flying DUB-MCO when you will have done pre-clearance in Dublin! :-D
#936862 by MoJoJo
26 Jul 2017, 05:08
honey lamb wrote:

Aaah! The bliss of flying DUB-MCO when you will have done pre-clearance in Dublin! :-D

Yes, my two colleagues attending the same event but flying from Dublin gleefully reminded me of that yesterday :-(
#937475 by MoJoJo
13 Aug 2017, 19:03
Text received today from VS prevtomorrows flight

'Improvement works at Orlando airport may lead to a longer journey through arrivals. We appreciate your patience whilst these works are ongoing.'

A work colleague flew in yesterday and it took four hours from landing
#937494 by Hev60
14 Aug 2017, 16:45
MoJoJo wrote:Text received today from VS prevtomorrows flight

'Improvement works at Orlando airport may lead to a longer journey through arrivals. We appreciate your patience whilst these works are ongoing.'

MoJoJo this is not good news. However I await your own personal feedback with interest (fingers crossed your experience is very different ;-) )
#937495 by Hamster
14 Aug 2017, 17:15
Has anyone had an experience of traveling through MCO with global entry while this building work has been going on?
#937497 by 15isto2
14 Aug 2017, 19:06
I read that people are being forced to use the second bag drop again, is this true? Do I need to start hitting the upstarts with my British passport reminding them about her britannic majesty and the "without let or hindrance"
#937499 by MoJoJo
14 Aug 2017, 20:50
Hev60 wrote:
MoJoJo wrote:Text received today from VS prevtomorrows flight

MoJoJo this is not good news. However I await your own personal feedback with interest (fingers crossed your experience is very different ;-) )

Thanks! Soon to find out :-O
#937500 by AlecK
14 Aug 2017, 21:09
15isto2 wrote:I read that people are being forced to use the second bag drop again, is this true? Do I need to start hitting the upstarts with my British passport reminding them about her britannic majesty and the "without let or hindrance"

We flew in on the 75 on 18th July and were waved cheerfully up the escalator with our cases in our hands.
#937509 by Mash Tattie
14 Aug 2017, 23:06
Not as bad as I thought. Had to wait 20 mins at the gate on the aircraft as immigration hall was full. Through the automated machines and then onto the manned desk for pics and prints again for some of us. Bags came off on the belt approx 1hr after touch down, not sure what took so long but there we go.
Bags in hand up the escalator and straight to garage . From touchdown to exiting garage 1.75 hours.! Not the best time but we were one of the first off the plane as sat on the upper deck.
#937547 by Hev60
15 Aug 2017, 23:37
MoJoJo wrote:Landed and out in thirty minutes

Now I feel better. Bet you was relieved with that result !!! Sounds like it depends if your luck's in or out on any particular day.

Anyone know how long this current 'inconvenience' is likely to last, i.e. When the Immigration Hall is going to be back to normal???
#937550 by wheels
16 Aug 2017, 03:36
VS 49 6th Aug. Held on-board for 15 mins then straight into an empty hall. From landing to car about 45 mins. Was not forced to use 2nd bag drop. Excellent flight, one of, if not the best crew in 21 years of flying VS. Feedback on its way to the office. :)
Last edited by wheels on 17 Aug 2017, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Virgin Atlantic