This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936902 by oldboy
27 Jul 2017, 13:23
Hi all

I am hoping for a little guidance.

We are in the process of booking a cruise that departs Singapore & arrives Hong Kong.

Our flights will in business class with either Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific.

If SA we will fly direct to Singapore & on the return fly Honk Kong, Singapore, Heathrow. If CP we will fly to Hong Kong
& on to Singapore & then have a direct flight home from Hong Kong.

We are leaning towards the CP option so that we will get home faster at the end of our holiday.

We know & like SA business class but have never experienced the CP offer so are hoping that some fellow V Flyers could provide some insight.

Obviously, best option would have been out on SA & return CP but unfortunately the way the holiday/cruise package is structured does not allow for this.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

oldboy
#936903 by CommanderB
27 Jul 2017, 13:34
Both offer a very good J product, probably not worth getting into comparing them to be honest.

If you want convenience, go with CX. If you want TPs on your Flying Club account, go with SQ. Thats how i'd do it.
#936938 by hazban
27 Jul 2017, 21:22
If in business you would be very pleased with either. I have been on both from Manchester to their home airports, on 777s, though I understand A350 are now on the route?
Slightly wider seats on Singapore but I had the best sleep ever on Cathay! Attentive cabin crews every flight, food generally alright and decent entertainment.
Flown more with Cathay in the Far East and I can recommend their various Lounges at Hong Kong.
At the end of the day it depends on which has the most convenient timings for you.
Virgin Atlantic