This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937558 by daviis
16 Aug 2017, 13:00
Hello All. A quick wave as we travel from MAN to BOS.

I want to say thank you to those on this forum for all the tips that made this trip possible. To those that posted about the UC VS sale of the MAN to BOS route and also to whoever it was that suggested actually checking in at the airport so we get the priority lane security and the Escape lounge free access and food ticket.

I have to agree it's nothing like the VS lounges at LHR or JFK but it is fairly comfortable and there is free wifi :-D and on the up side we get to try the VS UC lounge at Boston on the way home.

Just one thought, given that there is a very nice Virgin Holidays V-room at MAN why wouldn't VS use that for their UC passengers ...... there certainly is no difference in the type of people in that lounge compared to the Escape lounge.
#937562 by Kraken
16 Aug 2017, 15:52
daviis wrote:Just one thought, given that there is a very nice Virgin Holidays V-room at MAN why wouldn't VS use that for their UC passengers ...... there certainly is no difference in the type of people in that lounge compared to the Escape lounge.

One word - capacity. Certainly at this time of year (height of school holidays) there will be a lot of V-Hols passengers passing through the V-Room. I would guess it'll get pretty busy in there in the mornings.

If you then throw in the UC pax / Flying Club gold card holders, it will make matters worse. Do bear in mind Virgin operate more than a few flights from MAN now (long-gone are the days of just MCO, LAS & BGI).

On the flip side, I have seen the Escape Lounge very full in T2 in the mornings (& was not in school holidays either). As more long-haul airlines start to offer services from MAN T2, there are limited choices for lounge facilities for their premium class passengers. So I bet all lounges are getting busier.

As an aside, does anyone know what happened to the old "Delta Escape" lounge down the corridor next to the V-Room? This was about a third of the size of the main Escape lounge - was only ever taken there once when the main Escape Lounge was heaving.

Suffice it to say, the MAN T2 expansion works cannot happen soon enough... we may even see a ClubHouse (one has got to be on the cards for sure given VS's expansion at MAN & not on leisure-centric routes).
#937576 by sunny23uk
16 Aug 2017, 20:23
Works are definitely underway now, and be careful if you've booked T2 long stay as half of that car park has been changed over to staff parking - we received no advance warning and we're directed to one of the Jet Parks instead. This would have been fine if only the buses turned up to bring you back to the terminal >-( We also ended up on a remote stand when our flight landed from SFO in June and again there was a lack of buses back to Jet Parks.

Not much disruption internally that I noticed for departing passengers once inside though.

Hope that helps
Virgin Atlantic