This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937527 by catsilversword
15 Aug 2017, 17:50
Hi,

A friend of mine is looking into buying a flight with miles to Vegas. She has enough for E or PE. Doing a dummy booking shows flights for E, but trying to do a booking with PE just brings up an error message. I thought maybe that was because there is no availability for PE, but the site would generally says there is nothing available for dates, wouldn't it?

Anyway, she tried calling flying club (she went to the saynoto0870 site to get a geographic number) but the geographic number just directed her to the 0870 one - 0870 1616059 -flying club red) so eventually she called that, but that repeatedly cuts off before connecting!

Any thoughts people? Does anyone have an alternative number? She seems resigned to having to book online for E, rather than asking about PE, which seems a real shame....
#937528 by chrisfinch_2000
15 Aug 2017, 18:08
Call 0344 412 2414

In my experience, the error means 0 availability if you specify a cabin. No harm in asking on the phone though.

Also, if she does 2x one way searches (one for outbound and one for return) without specifying a cabin class, she should be able to see which cabins are available on which legs.
#937554 by stevebrass
16 Aug 2017, 08:38
Eggtastico wrote:its pretty much illegal now for 08 numbers to customer services for most sectors.

She can always book E & keep checking for PE at a later date.

I did this recently. I also booked an extra leg room E and got the cost refunded fairly painlessly after I upgraded to PE.
#937586 by Eggtastico
17 Aug 2017, 07:06
catsilversword wrote:She tells me that she still now booked E both ways. Maybe I'll suggest she asks at the airport if there are any miles upgrades available on the day.

better off to just keep checking by doing dummy bookings & then calling to swap. Seats get released at all different times & chances are on a popular route like Vegas, they be gone!
Virgin Atlantic