This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937587 by DoomWolf
17 Aug 2017, 08:07
Good morning from a fairly quiet Clubhouse, certainly at the end in what was the library area. We're on our way to Salt Lake City via Philadelphia (4 hour layover) in Delta One. Then at the weekend it's off to Idaho for the solar eclipse followed by a couple of days in Yellowstone. At least the return flight is direct. :D
#937588 by Francis007
17 Aug 2017, 08:13
Hi DoomWolf

I presume you are now just tucking into an Eggs Benedict with a glass of champagne !

Your trip sounds wonderful. Have fun.
#937591 by DoomWolf
17 Aug 2017, 08:49
Francis007 wrote:Hi DoomWolf

I presume you are now just tucking into an Eggs Benedict with a glass of champagne !

Your trip sounds wonderful. Have fun.

I very nearly did have the Eggs Benedict, but it was the Full Clubhouse English for me.

Now just waiting for my customary mojito following game of pool that Mrs DoomWolf won. :-D
#937592 by Daffodil
17 Aug 2017, 09:00
Sounds like a really exciting holiday.
I hope you have a great time and the flights all run smoothly.
#937596 by hiljil
17 Aug 2017, 11:53
Have a super time. At least with a total eclipse you don't have to worry about cloud cover spoiling it !
#937610 by DoomWolf
17 Aug 2017, 20:10
Flight left Heathrow 5 mins early and landed about 20 mins early. Flight itself was good,, although a little bumpy at times. They certainly feed you very well on Delta (who needs a choice of starters when they give you all of them) and the food was possibly a touch above the quality of UC. Through immigration in around 5 mins but had to wait a bit for the bags as Delta Sky Priority appears to mean little in PHL, despite there only being around a dozen people in Delta One on the flight. Now sat in a rather busy, small and cramped Delta Sky Club before our flight in Delta First to SLC in just under 3 hours.
Virgin Atlantic