This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937627 by Wilbs
18 Aug 2017, 16:08
Hi...If I do a multi City Trip with Delta & book before the 1st September will I earn Tier points on each leg of the trip & will they be at the old rate. I will be booking First Class so hoping to earn 75 per leg?
#937628 by SlimpyJones
18 Aug 2017, 16:16
Hey, yes if you book before Sept 1st any future trips with Delta will earn at the current rate. You could fly in June 2018 but as long as you booked before Sept 1st you'll get the 75 TPs for first class sectors. :)
#938438 by steve_nm
15 Sep 2017, 05:36
FWIW I just finished a TP run ABQ-SLC-LAS-SEA-SLC-ABQ. Wound up earning a total 500 TPs, 21697 miles! I did buy up to first and am FC Gold, but it still seems crazy high? Is this the new program (Sept 1 changes) bonus? It's near impossible to reconcile as the Flying club activity just shows the total miles and TPs awarded not base plus bonus. I'm hesitant to call FC staff and ask too many questions in case it's a mistake in my favor.
#938500 by JCBR
18 Sep 2017, 17:27
Just bear in mind that not all TP are equal.
VS keep a record of TP earned on their planes and on partners and for some benefits only the VS earn are counted.
#938503 by steve_nm
18 Sep 2017, 19:12
Thanks JCBR for that info. It looks like VS FC did renew my AU status (purpose of the TP run), and also issued the renewal companion voucher. Do you have more info on which benefits the TPs won't count for?
Thanks again.
#939381 by SlimpyJones
01 Nov 2017, 11:17
Just to follow up on this - particularly for steve_nm - I recently did a MEX-JFK flight which was mysteriously credited with 95 TPs and double the miles I should have had, it looked like it had been credited twice.
It seems VS have cottoned on and as of today it now has the correct miles and 75 TPs. Steve you may find that your 500 TPs has shrunk to the correct amount now, just FYI.
#939382 by mitchja
01 Nov 2017, 11:40
Mine have also been corrected today as well (once I finally got logged in.....Flying Club log-in is bloody useless at the minute and it's been like that for a month or so now >-( )
#939384 by spacedog
01 Nov 2017, 12:41
Glad to hear that it's not just me having the log in issue. I usually find DL TP post very quickly to my account, sometimes faster than VS TP, but for the last short flight we did (JFK > ATL) it took almost three weeks.
#939397 by International Hitman
02 Nov 2017, 09:55
mitchja wrote:Mine have also been corrected today as well (once I finally got logged in.....Flying Club log-in is bloody useless at the minute and it's been like that for a month or so now >-( )

VS have now posted a banner on the homepage stating Flying Club login is down and they are working to fix the issue ............
#939695 by McCoy
19 Nov 2017, 21:12
A few Delta flights I booked before 1 Sept have just posted, but with the post-September tier points.

I suspect this is because the itinerary was 're-ticketed' by Delta, after they changed some of the flight times by 20 minutes or so, and re-numbered the flight numbers too. As Delta often do.

This situation wasn't directly covered by the original 'small print' on the 1 September, although the text did say it was flights "ticketed" before 1 Sept, rather than "booked". So that perhaps explains why the computer has chosen the post-September tier point awards, but I think I have a reasonable case to get the tier points amended to pre-September levels?
#939754 by CommanderB
21 Nov 2017, 01:27
I also have the same issue too McCoy... I fully intend of chasing for the TP's. A schedule change that we had no control over would not be good enough reason to deny the TP's as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, i'll stress about that tomorrow... enjoying Ham, Egg & Chips in the JFL Clubhouse now :D

EDIT: Spoke to one of the live chat agents and advised to email [email protected] - likely worth doing to save a lengthy phone call.
#939766 by SlimpyJones
21 Nov 2017, 08:05
To be honest my last experience trying to get Delta TPs corrected was easily solved by giving FC a call, and the missing TPs were added later that day.
With the email, I had to wait three days only to be given the wrong answer.
You may save more time by just calling!! :D
#939992 by McCoy
01 Dec 2017, 17:28
Same for me - though it took a while.
Email to the vapartner.miles email address went unanswered.
Call to FC gold line was convoluted, as explaining the missing TPs and giving the details took ages (which is why i thought a clear and comprenensive email was the better means of communication in this instance). Eventually FC agent revealed he was unable to fix the situation himself, and would have to talk to the other department - the one i had sent the email to...!

Sorted in the end. Should have been easier. They should have a gold-only email contact, for queries that take longer to explain than to type.
Virgin Atlantic