This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937638 by nkp85uk
19 Aug 2017, 13:49
I've had cause to contact flying club recently regarding many approved shops away purchases not actually crediting to my FC account. I've now got the the point where I don't trust weather the 'miles balance' total actually reflects all the transactions listed. tricky!

Anyway, to help me reach a conclusion, I feel a recent redemption is making matters more cloudy. When should I expect a redemption to actually be deducted form my account? I know in the old days the redemption would be forward-dated to the actual journey date but the total balance would be updated immediately - is it the same in the new system? I can't actually find a line referring to the redemption transaction; is that normal, will it not appear until the day of the journey? or is my account breakdown just completely screwed?!

If anyone can shed any light on the situation I'd be most grateful!!

Many thanks.
N
#937639 by mitchja
19 Aug 2017, 14:35
Yes, on the new system, whilst you mileage balance does decrease instantly after making a redemption, the actual transaction (if it's a reward flight or M+M transaction) doesn't show up on your account until after the flight has taken place.

When I booked a M+M fare online (using the new system) back in November, other than my milage balance decreasing no transactions showed until after the flight had taken place, which then showed as:

Activity Date 25 November 2016 Transaction Date 25 November 2016 Activity VS Flight Redemption -Booking Ref xxxxxx ,MAN-JFK Mileage -21,000 Tier Points 0
Activity Date 25 May 2017 Transaction Date 27 May 2017 Activity Virgin Atlantic Airways, MAN - JFK, Premium Economy Mileage 4,328 Tier Points 50

Those 2 transactions are next to each other in my list of activity and they both posted around the same time after the flight date. The top one being the M+M redemption, the bottom one being the standard flight mileage + TP earning transaction.
#937640 by nkp85uk
19 Aug 2017, 14:44
Hi Mitchja

Thanks for your reply!
OK, sounds like I can assume the mileage balance is correct even though there's no sight of the redemption transaction yet.

I guess the transactions are still future-dated like before but just not actually shown in advance.

Thanks for your help!!