This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937647 by tonymc
19 Aug 2017, 19:00
Hi,

It's quite a while since I last had a connecting flight operated by another airline. We are travelling MAN-LHR with BA, connecting into a VA flight LHR-SFO, all on the same ticket.

So when On Line Check In day arrives, should I be able to check-in for both flights via the BA website, or would I have to check-in separately for the two flights?

And with baggage, I am assuming that when we arrive at MAN, the BA staff will be able to check our hold baggage through to SFO at the bag drop counter?

Many thanks.
#937648 by SlimpyJones
19 Aug 2017, 19:42
Hey,

Yes when you check in online you'll get checked in for both legs of the flight. No need to worry about the bags either, they will be checked all the way to SFO so no need to collect them at LHR.

Safe travels. Shame you weren't able to get onto the direct service!
#937649 by tonymc
19 Aug 2017, 20:25
Hi - thanks for confirming. One less thing to be worried about. We are travelling on a Thursday so the direct MAN-SFO flight does not operate then, but we are flying back direct SFO-MAN a few weeks later on the Friday.