This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937498 by MoJoJo
14 Aug 2017, 20:24
As tacky as getting your small bottle of water before boarding was it's been enhanced away apparently according to crew onboard today's flight to MCO. You get a bottle with meal service in PE & EC

TR to follow... tried to switch from the 1pm to 11am which wasn't possible without a large cash amount to reticket then use miles to upgrade. Which in hindsight wasn't a bad thing as tech issues caused delay till 4pm last I heard.

Great service onboard however pink chicken breast not so good. FSM has offered 8k mikes or deal with CS when home
#937501 by buns
14 Aug 2017, 21:25
MoJoJo

Thanks for the heads up on this - thinking back, there was no water bottles handed out to us when we flew out to Las Vegas, but there was a bottle on the seat on our return.

Not so good to hear about the chicken :-O One of the reasons i always avoid eating chicken on planes and in restaurants

Hope you have a great time in the US

buns
#937503 by mitchja
14 Aug 2017, 21:59
VS have been doing this for a while now haven't they? I've certainly been handed water as I board the A/C on the last couple of VS flights from LHR and I think MAN as well?
#937516 by NYC123
15 Aug 2017, 09:08
Was on VS2 Saturday evening in PE and was a bottle of water tucked away in pouch of every seat?
#937532 by stevebrass
15 Aug 2017, 21:18
NYC123 wrote:Was on VS2 Saturday evening in PE and was a bottle of water tucked away in pouch of every seat?

I don't know. You were on the flight. Or were you? :-D
#937537 by joeyc
15 Aug 2017, 22:19
stevebrass wrote:
NYC123 wrote:Was on VS2 Saturday evening in PE and was a bottle of water tucked away in pouch of every seat?

I don't know. You were on the flight. Or were you? :-D

Ha ha ha. Good one.

My PE flight week before last had a bottle of water waiting for me on the seat, UC last week had a bottle of water tucked into the recess behind the seat. Out of LHR I did see a staffer with a trolley of packaged water bottles but they were not being proactively offered.

It'll be a shame if this has been enhanced away, it does make for an excellent ice breaker for the member of staff to alleviate any tensions of the always present 'queue on the jetway'.
#937539 by seany
15 Aug 2017, 22:24
No bottle of water on either leg to ANU in PE last month, but was given with meal.
#937659 by Kraken
20 Aug 2017, 12:20
Am 99% certain that on my last ex-MAN flight, they were proactively handing out small bottles of water as you entered the jet-bridge. There were certainly no water bottles present in the "bottle holder" in Upper Class (as used to be the case in days gone by).

Given last weeks "Panorama" on BBC1 about drunks on planes (including an interview with an ex VS FSM), you would have thought the airlines would want to promote drinking plenty of water. I guess this is the two edged sword though - carrying lots of extra water = weight. Weight = fuel. Fuel = cost.

I'd certainly only drink bottled water on any plane. I've read more than a few stories about the quality of the - supposedly - potable water supplies onboard planes.
Virgin Atlantic