This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938478 by missaries
17 Sep 2017, 16:15
Hi Everyone, it has been a long time since I last posted on here as have not travelled by Virgin recently
Mr Aries and myself are planning to go to Goa in January and we would like to fly with Virgin, but as I know you will know, they do not fly direct to Goa, we will have to go via Delhi, not a problem,
We have approximatetly, 30,000 flying miles each and would like to use these and if possible bag PE or even UC seats to Delhi I know we don't want much!!
Any advice on how we go about trying to do this would be gratefully received. :cool:
Thank you
#938480 by gumshoe
17 Sep 2017, 16:30
The bad news is 30,000 miles isn't enough for a PE round trip to Delhi, let alone UC.

You need 35,000 for PE or 75,000 for UC (assuming both legs are after Jan 6th - before that it's peak season pricing so even more).

You could buy an upgradable Economy ticket and use 17,400 miles to upgrade to PE - however you may find it's actually cheaper to buy the cheapest PE cash ticket.

So your best bet for PE is to try and scrape together 35,000 miles for a reward seat. If you want UC you'll need to buy an upgradable PE cash fare and find 37,400 miles for the upgrade.
#938481 by missaries
17 Sep 2017, 16:37
Okay, thanks Gumshoe, for your really helpful advice, i actually have 39,000 miles, but did not want to use all of them for this trip, you've given me food for thought though, many thanks.
#938512 by Eggtastico
19 Sep 2017, 08:27
is it worth blowing miles & then paying for a 2nd flight to goa?
prob just as cheap to fly with another ariline.
especially as you only have enough miles for Economy anyway.
You will prob just end up wasting your miles.