This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938517 by Bretty
19 Sep 2017, 10:43
Morning all, it's been a good while since we were here. Good ambience but busy, had to move once in order to get noticed. Egg royale and a redhead consumed for breakfast and seem to have turned invisible again. Spa treatment booked.

We're off to Vancouver by way of Seattle on VS105 and ready for a lovely time.
Had a nice stay at Hilton Bankside and saw Follies at the National last night (fantastic show). Now ready for holiday.
#938528 by ScoobySu
19 Sep 2017, 13:21
Hope you and TGO have a great time Bretty!
#938539 by tontybear
19 Sep 2017, 21:49
Royal Wave?

The cheek of it.

That's reserved for Her Royal Gin and Tonicness the Baroness Honey Lamb not oiks like you.

There seem to be a lot of us on travels this week so there should be plenty of TRs to engender some authorley competition!
#938570 by honey lamb
21 Sep 2017, 15:22
tontybear wrote:Royal Wave?

The cheek of it.

That's reserved for Her Royal Gin and Tonicness the Baroness Honey Lamb not oiks like you

Now, now, tonty! Be nice. If Bretty wants to give a Royal wave, he may. I for one, will not begrudge him.

Mind you, he shouldn't have done it on a day I was flying. :twisted: :twisted:
#938581 by marshy11
22 Sep 2017, 08:19
Missed you both. Hope you both had a right Royal time/onward travels.
#938600 by Bretty
23 Sep 2017, 02:45
Lol at Tonty and HL.
I do promise a TR this time. Flight was excellent and we arrived early to an empty arrivals hall so even though we were on new passports and ESTA we were through in minutes. For some reason The Grumpy One will never have to give finger prints again to enter the US. Although the CBP officer didn't specify why, it was implied it was age related.

Me on the other hand: finger prints, photos, DNA sample and had to play snog, marry or kill and the only choices were Donald Trump, Donald Trump, or... Donald Trump!

Anyway, for anyone thinking of entering Canada by way of Seattle I can highly recommend the Victoria Clipper ferry across to Vancouver Island, where we are now. We'll be taking the Amtrak Cascades from Vancouver back down to Seattle next week and I'm really looking forward to that, better than flying.

Thoroughly enjoying ourselves here in Victoria, it's so peaceful and quaint. We have no plans, just mooching around eating and shopping!

TTFN
#938622 by David
24 Sep 2017, 10:17
oldboy wrote:Enjoy Victoria Island Bretty, we have only visited once & loved it. I can thoroughly recommend afternoon tea of the famous hotel on the island, it is so famous that I cannot recall the name right now.

The Empress ;-) and yes lovely high tea

David
Virgin Atlantic