This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938551 by James M
20 Sep 2017, 12:51
Hi everyone,

I'm heading to New Orleans in April next year (going to Wrestlemania with my brother). We've booked UC with Virgin, going Heathrow-Atlanta-New Orleans (New Orleans-JFK-Heathrow on return). The domestic flights are with Delta (First Class). My question was, would my UC ticket get us into the Delta Sky Lounges from my connection at Atlanta and the start of my return at New Orleans?

Sorry if a repeat question, couldn't find anything useful via the google :-)
#938556 by CommanderB
20 Sep 2017, 14:15
Yes.

If you have a connecting flight (either inbound or outbound) on the same day, you will be entitled to lounge access.
#938557 by mitchja
20 Sep 2017, 14:18
Welcome to V-Flyer :)

Yes indeed, when you are flying Upper Class on VS, you do get Delta Sky Club lounge access when connecting to or from an International VS flight as long as both the VS and DL flights are on the same booking reference.

The only time you wouldn't be able to use the DL lounges is if you booked the DL flights separately to your VS flights.

Each concourse at ATL has it's own Delta Sky Lounge. You can use any one of them though.
#938560 by JCBR
20 Sep 2017, 17:57
Actually I don't think you need them on the same booking reference. As long as it is a same day transfer.
Several of the DL flights are VS codeshare and I am pretty sure that even two seperate bookings are fine. I was with a colleague who did this and had no problem earlier this year.
Also, some credit cards allow you access to DL lounge as well.
#938583 by lovetoholiday
22 Sep 2017, 11:29
We tried out the Delta Skyclub at JFK when we flew back Delta one in the summer , it was very very busy, you had to get your own food (small selection) and I hence insisted that we trek all the way back to the VH Clubhouse , so much nicer and a proper haven from the terminal.
#938585 by mitchja
22 Sep 2017, 13:15
The DL Sky Club I used in ORD T2 yesterday wasn't great either as it wasn't very big and was busy that time of the morning. Finding a seat was a struggle. The staff where very friendly and welcoming though.

It's still better than sitting in the main departure terminal!!
Virgin Atlantic