This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938591 by Shirley Heights
22 Sep 2017, 18:08
Just trying to do a Sainsbury's shop via Shops Away, but no longer listed and also removed from my favourites.

I did a shop earlier this week without a problem, but nowhere did I see details of Sainsbury's leaving the promotion.

Is it just a tech problem at my end, or have I missed the announcement?

TIA
#938608 by Shirley Heights
23 Sep 2017, 14:29
Hello DoomWolf,

It was thanks to your comments earlier this year that made me aware of Sainsbury's on Shops Away.

Usually the right hand sidebar gives details of offers/promotions ending soon. Either we both missed this or it was never there to give advance warning.

I am a bit disappointed but TBF, in my case, it was free miles for nothing as I always do Sainsbury's online shopping.

The only thing that concerns me is I still have 640 miles 'pending' so I hope these will honoured in due course.
#938661 by DoomWolf
25 Sep 2017, 17:04
Argos is still on there. They're a Nectar partner and now owned by Sainsbury's. Expedia are also a Nectar partner and still on Shops Away.
#938662 by Shirley Heights
25 Sep 2017, 17:54
DoomWolf wrote:Argos is still on there. They're a Nectar partner and now owned by Sainsbury's. Expedia are also a Nectar partner and still on Shops Away.

OK, so some Nectar partners are still there. However, unless I have missed something very obvious, what does Nectar have to do with this?

Thanks,

SH
#938671 by DoomWolf
26 Sep 2017, 13:56
I doubt it has anything to do with Nectar as there's nothing extra go be gained by clicking through to the Sainsbury's online shop site via the Nectar website. My guess is that Sainsbury's didn't see enough return compared to what it must cost them to be on Shops Away. It's a shame as the 80 miles a week was a good little booster. I've gained around 12,500 miles (approved & pending) through Shops Away so far, with more than half of those from Sainsbury's.
#938673 by Shirley Heights
26 Sep 2017, 16:23
DoomWolf wrote:I doubt it has anything to do with Nectar as there's nothing extra go be gained by clicking through to the Sainsbury's online shop site via the Nectar website. My guess is that Sainsbury's didn't see enough return compared to what it must cost them to be on Shops Away. It's a shame as the 80 miles a week was a good little booster. I've gained around 12,500 miles (approved & pending) through Shops Away so far, with more than half of those from Sainsbury's.

DoomWolf, thanks for taking the time to comeback to clarify :)

Yes, it is a shame that Sainsbury's is no longer a partner of Shops Away, but as you rightly said, good while it lasted - free miles for doing nothing more than our usual shops.

Hey DW, maybe we need to upgrade from PE (Sainsbury's) to UC (Waitrose) ;-)
Virgin Atlantic