This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938562 by mitchja
20 Sep 2017, 22:13
Just a quick hello from the JFK Clubhouse. My 6 hour lay-over at JFK is more than enough to enjoy the Clubhouse here.

Just flown in from Chicago. DL flight was good. It was also the first time I've received a 'proper' meal in First Class. I'm guessing it's down to the flight leg time. It was a nice piece of cold Salmon. Flight landed in T4 so nice and easy to transfer to my VS flight.

Not too busy in here so far. Just booked a head massage. Looks like I'm back on G-VKSS again as she has just landed from MAN.
#938566 by pjh
21 Sep 2017, 07:50
SlimpyJones wrote:Looks like you're about half way home! Hope the flight and lounge was good. Always impressed by the JFK clubhouse, the food beats LHR dare I say..

You can say that about the food but in my opinion you're wrong :). It's probably down to my tastes and the time of day but the options all seem to narrow down to a no choice of "burger". If all else on the menu fails at the LHR Clubhouse there's always the deli counter.
#938568 by mitchja
21 Sep 2017, 12:05
Indeed, the JFK Clubhouse is up there with the best. Fantastic staff :cool:

A/C turned out to be G-VWAG as VS apparently had to do a swap with one of the LHR flights which meant my Retail Therapy pre-order ended up going back to LHR.

The MAN crew sorted it though as luckily, what I pre-ordered was available on the flight anyway.

Fantastic VS crew on the flight as well with me getting full Flying Club Gold recognition from the FSM. Full TR too follow.
#938576 by whiterose
21 Sep 2017, 21:09
I'm with PJH on this one, unimpressed with JFK, though for a different reason. On our last visit in July, it was very quiet but it still took 40 minutes for my husband's pot of tea to accompany his breakfast. By which time we were leaving to board. Never had other than very prompt service at LHR.
#938594 by horburyflyer
22 Sep 2017, 19:18
I'm a huge fan of the JFK CLubhouse. I find the team there mostly really friendly and welcoming and I love the funky food options. I always position myself at the bar (remember joeyc) and find the service always personally tailored!

Jon
#938602 by pjh
23 Sep 2017, 09:08
The only issues I have ever had with the JFK Clubhouse are the food, which to date hasn't been to my taste but I'm happy to try again in early January, and licensing law which prevented us having a morning champagne a few years ago. Otherwise it's fine, though we are low maintenance in respect of service.
Virgin Atlantic