This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934985 by Bluebear
06 May 2017, 08:45
Can anyone shed some light on the release of reward flights to Orlando in particular. The old site seemed to release them daily, in pairs, at 8.00 am 330/329 days in advance. However, with the launch of the new site, this doesn't seem to be the case.
Reward seats to Orlando appear very randomly and certainly not 330 days in advance any more. I have been looking at an alternative option of flying to Miami and this seemed to look good, with several reward seats released daily but again this appears to have stopped.
Does anyone know if Virgin are holding back on releasing reward seats for school holidays as the Miami pattern changed the week before Easter 2018 release date?
I have also looked at Manchester departure rather than London and this seems to be the same, when I have spoken to Virgin agents they are unable, for what ever reason, to shed any light on it.
Any advice or information would be gratefully received. :-D
#934993 by Neil
06 May 2017, 12:01
If you're looking to travel at Easter it's very unlikely any rewards will be released. It's such a busy and popular travel period they just don't need to release any rewards for those flights, certainly the ones that cover the main two week period.
As always it is worth checking daily but I wouldn't hold out much hope.
#934999 by Bluebear
06 May 2017, 14:47
Thanks for your reply, I am actually looking to go in the summer holidays and have managed to get reward seats for the past few years. With the new system I thought I should do some research in advance and reward seat releases do seem very random especially to Orlando, there is nothing for Feb or March 2018 and that's why I wondered if there had been a policy change at Virgin as can't imagine all rewards have been taken.
#935006 by dickydotcom
06 May 2017, 17:43
We had problems this year going out in Feb back in March.
We managed to get 2 rewards for the outbound but nothing for the return so we ended up coming back from Atlanta.
Wasn't too bad as it is actually closer to our holiday destination.
It is definitely not what it used be. We could almost predict the day we'd be grabbing the Gs. Not anymore.

Dick D
#938606 by EstelleB
23 Sep 2017, 12:02
Hi, I know this is an old post, but I am experiencing the same thing. For the past 3 years we have booked PE reward seats MAN-ORL for dates in August at the 11 month mark, but this year there is nothing. I spoke to someone at flying club and they said that they haven't yet released them (its not that I'm missing them) and that usually when this happens its becuase they haven't sold enough seats on earlier flights.

I am guessing that the exchange rate isn't helping, as Orlando is becoming a more expensive holiday, but I also wonder if all the changes that they've made, including peak time increases in miles for redemption mean that there is a new policy for releasing peak time rewardss?

I have noticed more seats from Gatwick, but Manchester has nothing for August loaded yet! Just keeping my fingers crossed as I have 2x EC-PE upgrades which will expire late in October!
Virgin Atlantic