This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938414 by Shirley Heights
14 Sep 2017, 14:46
Good afternoon All,

Planning a UC trip to EWR in November. VS001 is a 787-9 and I recall reading here that there is a row to avoid as the window seats do not actually have a window view, blocked by the aircraft wall.

Please can you tell which row this is?

BTW, what is the easiest way to find this information? I have tried 'search' and 'advanced search' but maybe I am using the wrong keywords...???

TIA
#938416 by SlimpyJones
14 Sep 2017, 14:52
Row 7 is the one without a window. :)

There is a Seat Maps page that used to link up to Trip Reports but this hasn't worked in some time.

Other than that seatguru is a half decent resource for things like missing windows, etc but isn't always accurate and the reviews quite negatively skewed.
#938417 by Shirley Heights
14 Sep 2017, 15:10
SlimpyJones wrote:Row 7 is the one without a window. :)

There is a Seat Maps page that used to link up to Trip Reports but this hasn't worked in some time.

Other than that seatguru is a half decent resource for things like missing windows, etc but isn't always accurate and the reviews quite negatively skewed.

Hi SlimpyJones,

Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Yes, I did also look at the Seat Maps page here, but it only gives '*' ratings but no further info. I have also read about the inaccuracy with SeatGuru.

I was still hoping there was an easy way to find info already posted here as I know this topic has been mentioned in previous posts/threads.
#938418 by CommanderB
14 Sep 2017, 15:12
Keep an eye on the seat maps too, EWR has been an A330 for a while now (and the old config too!). Rarely it shows at 789, but often gets changed.

I am returning on VS2 tomorrow, assuming there is a seat as its currently 0 across the board according to expert flyer.
#938419 by Shirley Heights
14 Sep 2017, 15:41
CommanderB wrote:Keep an eye on the seat maps too, EWR has been an A330 for a while now (and the old config too!). Rarely it shows at 789, but often gets changed.

I am returning on VS2 tomorrow, assuming there is a seat as its currently 0 across the board according to expert flyer.

CommanderB, thanks for the heads-up :)

LOL, this will be Karma for me being so fortunate to travel on a new config A330 to AND from ANU a few months ago after years of the old config!!

Just when I was getting excited about a 787-9 for the first time, it could be a 1-2-1 A330 again! :-(
#938426 by tontybear
14 Sep 2017, 18:46
Shirley Heights wrote:I have also read about the inaccuracy with SeatGuru.

That's putting it politly!

The seat maps on the VS Source are accurate.

It also have info on plane movements too.
#938432 by Shirley Heights
14 Sep 2017, 22:53
tontybear wrote:
Shirley Heights wrote:I have also read about the inaccuracy with SeatGuru.

That's putting it politly!

The seat maps on the VS Source are accurate.

It also have info on plane movements too.

Thanks v much for the link to VS Source. I have now saved it to my online favourites.
#938655 by Sealink
25 Sep 2017, 15:09
I aim for seat 7A on 787!
Mainly because the temptation to crane my neck isn't there and there's a great view of the window of 8A. Not the worst seat in the world by any means.
#938657 by Shirley Heights
25 Sep 2017, 16:06
Sealink wrote:I aim for seat 7A on 787!
Mainly because the temptation to crane my neck isn't there and there's a great view of the window of 8A. Not the worst seat in the world by any means.

Thanks, but we have gone for 5A & 6A.
Virgin Atlantic