This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939218 by shaneg17
22 Oct 2017, 09:07
Hi

Just about to book a trip to Barbados for next July (end of month, into August) and wanted to see if any members had any great experiences with Villas or Hotels out there?

Ideally, we'd like a Villa because there are 11 of us (8 adults, 4 children) but will consider hotels.

Ideal location is the West Coast...only because i stayed there 8 years ago and loved it. Open to any other part of the island also.

Will be travelling UC on VS29/30
#939219 by Neil
22 Oct 2017, 10:45
Have a look at a place called Beach View, it's an apartment / hotel. They have 1/2/3 bedroom apartments which are fully serviced. It's brilliantly located on the West Coast and is still number 1 on TA.
We stayed last year and can't recommend it highly enough.
#939263 by LucyLu
24 Oct 2017, 10:47
Have you tried the trip advisor forum? There are a lot of regular West Coast visitors on there.

You didn't mention budget which would be a big factor as there are some gorgeous villas, but some are very expensive!
#939270 by shaneg17
24 Oct 2017, 16:19
Thanks for the replies

Beach View is within budget.

UC both ways + 10 days at Beach View is around £2k per person at the moment which I think is a bargain.
#939277 by oldboy
24 Oct 2017, 22:28
shaneg17 wrote:Thanks for the replies

Beach View is within budget.

UC both ways + 10 days at Beach View is around £2k per person at the moment which I think is a bargain.

Sounds like a goo deal
#939324 by SNOMO
28 Oct 2017, 15:44
Highly recommend The Colony Club - beautiful place, their swimming pool almost on the sand & stay in the right rooms and you walk out your back door on to ayour little patio area & your steps into your own pool area - oh with the amount of people your talking guess you may have children in tow & unless their rules have changed its adults only unless a special dispensation for a wedding.
Don't bother with Sandy Lane unless your there to network - nice though it is - its very cliquey
#939499 by Quinny1999
09 Nov 2017, 16:28
I was also looking at Beach View for a stay in May next year but was put off by the fact it is not actually on the beach, and is it not about a 40 minute walk from Holetown?

I have also looked at Villa's On The Beach but these are coming in too expensive for me :o(
#939500 by Neil
09 Nov 2017, 18:45
Quinny1999 wrote:I was also looking at Beach View for a stay in May next year but was put off by the fact it is not actually on the beach, and is it not about a 40 minute walk from Holetown?

I have also looked at Villa's On The Beach but these are coming in too expensive for me :o(

You're right, it's not on the beach, but it's a couple of minutes walk.
We never walked to Holetown, we just caught the Reggae busses which are $2 or got a taxi which is also very cheap. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance though.
#939512 by LucyLu
10 Nov 2017, 11:35
If you do want to go to the Cliff you need to book as far in advance as possible in order to get a waterside table. I think this year we booked in Jan for May and were reservation number 3
#939636 by LucyLu
17 Nov 2017, 18:53
The weather in Feb is usually very good as it is peak season. Restaurants etc are likely to be very busy, as will be catamaran trips, car hire etc. so it would be a good idea to book in advance.Just in the process of buying a place out there so will be able to go whenever I can get time off work....woo hoo! 30 trips and counting....love the place
Virgin Atlantic