This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939591 by Phil.Durrant
15 Nov 2017, 12:37
Hi,,

Im flying Heathrow to Shanghai on Monday and am tempted to try and book the limobike service as will only be flying with hand luggage

I've never ridden on the back of a bike before so its more for the experience rather than trying to get a quicker journey

Has anyone used this service, and would you recommend it? I assume i can still use the Upper Class wing for check in rather than being dropped in front of the terminal??
#939605 by SlimpyJones
15 Nov 2017, 19:14
I ride a motorbike. I would assume they would have a helmet for you, and potentially a protective jacket of some kind. As for being on the back, the driver would explain I would hope but it's just generally, lean with the rider and don't wobble about a lot!! I doubt you will get up to much speed through central London but I am sure you will enjoy it :D

I would certainly expect them to process you through the UC wing as well.
#939616 by dickydotcom
16 Nov 2017, 14:57
Limobike? No it's just a bike, nothing limo about it.
It will be cold, possibly wet, and noisy.

Just leave early and get a proper car.

Dick D (I ride a bike all year round. Last bike but one I clocked 102,000 miles in 3 years but I do a bit less now.)
#939620 by FLYERZ
16 Nov 2017, 21:36
Interesting concept, holding on to a stranger on a motorbike. I can't say that I would like to get any more up close and personal with any taxi driver I've had. Assume only a back pack would be permitted? Let us know how it goes if you follow through!
#939621 by SlimpyJones
16 Nov 2017, 22:01
I've just found this website - this looks to have a lot of information on it:

http://virginlimobike.com/index.php

I'd say if you're interested in using it - go for it! You never know, it's one of those "use it or lose it" things I would expect. Besides if you don't enjoy it, no need to do it again :)
#939622 by PeterStansfield
16 Nov 2017, 22:11
I did the limobike thing from Central London last year. Like the original poster, I know nothing about Motorcycles, and had't been on one since my Teens (40 years ago)

I have to say the whole experience was excellent. The bike arrived on time, and they had a helmet and protective gear for me. We did Victoria to the UC wing in just over 20 minutes - in the rush hour!

The helmet has blu tooth, so you can speak with the driver, and also (if you're brave) make calls on your mobile!

It's very exhilarating, and I'd jump at another opportunity to use it

Peter
#939624 by enjoyingit
16 Nov 2017, 23:46
[quote=

I'd say if you're interested in using it - go for it! You never know, it's one of those "use it or lose it" things I would expect. Besides if you don't enjoy it, no need to do it again :)[/quote]

Definitely give it a go. It will be enhanced away at some stage. I was lucky enough to use the Helicopter service once in Tokyo. The whole process took longer than a normal transfer but 'reversing off the ANA was an experience not to be missed. It was soon "enhanced away" before they cancelled the route completely.
#939627 by PeterStansfield
17 Nov 2017, 09:35
Don't forget that LimoBike isn't anything to do with Virgin. It's now an indpendent company. I believe it's just a marketing relationship, so there's nothing to get 'enhanced' away by Virgin

Peter
#939653 by enjoyingit
17 Nov 2017, 23:37
PeterStansfield wrote:Don't forget that LimoBike isn't anything to do with Virgin. It's now an indpendent company. I believe it's just a marketing relationship, so there's nothing to get 'enhanced' away by Virgin

Peter

Of course, but it gratis with Upper? That was where i was heading.
Virgin Atlantic