This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939648 by chris9642
17 Nov 2017, 21:35
Hi all,

We have an Upper Class flight out to MIA this weekend and have endured the usual aircraft type lottery - starting on a Dreamliner (switching to an A330 due to the current engine issues) and now an A340 - which I really dont mind as much prefer the bar!

My question relates to our flight home - we could only secure Premium Economy coming home on an A340 and I have been keenly watching for Upper availability opening - last night the seat map showed 21 free seats in Upper and half of the economy cabin empty (Premium has always shown full) - this morning I woke up and the entire Upper and economy classes are showing full - whats the likely explanation for this other than a rush on bookings overnight for a flight from MIA>LHR ;)
#939649 by mitchja
17 Nov 2017, 21:43
It's only because VS updated their seat maps over-night and no longer show empty seats in the other cabins. You now only see empty seats in the cabin you are flying in.
#939657 by dickydotcom
18 Nov 2017, 09:00
mitchja wrote:It's only because VS updated their seat maps over-night and no longer show empty seats in the other cabins. You now only see empty seats in the cabin you are flying in.

Thanks for that. We are flying to MCO in Feb booked in PE but I have put in a bid for Upper.
I will be told two days before the flight if it is successful. I guess there is no way to monitor the situation prior to this?
Dick D
#939663 by SlimpyJones
18 Nov 2017, 14:52
I have an option to upgrade from PE->Upper on an upcoming LHR-DXB flight. It appears that if the invitation to pay for an upgrade (rather than bid) is there, you can see the seatmap of the cabin you can upgrade to.
#939674 by dickydotcom
19 Nov 2017, 10:53
SlimpyJones wrote:I have an option to upgrade from PE->Upper on an upcoming LHR-DXB flight. It appears that if the invitation to pay for an upgrade (rather than bid) is there, you can see the seatmap of the cabin you can upgrade to.

Thanks for that.
Yes I can see the Upper seat map and it is currently only half booked which is encouraging as we are now down to T-96

Dick D
Virgin Atlantic