This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939774 by NYC123
21 Nov 2017, 11:29
If i boost a couple of flights from last summer:

VS93 LGW_CUN (UC)
VS02 EWR-LDR (PE)

Anyone know how long the miles would take to hit my account?

Also any guestimates as to what sort of mileage i'd be looking at?
#939776 by mitchja
21 Nov 2017, 12:02
When you say 'last summer', do you mean summer 2017 or summer 2016 as you can only claim boost miles upto 6 months after your original flight dates?

Boost is only based on the base mileage, or you can double boost which just doubles the base milage for double the cost.

Standard base boost milage for CUN is ~4949 miles for £49.49 and EWR is ~3457 miles for £34.57.

No idea how long that take to hit your account though sorry as I've never used miles boost.
#939779 by NYC123
21 Nov 2017, 12:18
Thanks, flights were August 17.

Just had a look myself and googled distance london to new york and it ties in almost to the mile, didnt realise it would be that straightforward...
#939780 by SlimpyJones
21 Nov 2017, 12:25
Pretty much yes! It's basically 1p per mile. Previously they used to offer the option to buy double the miles (at the same rate), not sure if they still have it.
#939781 by NYC123
21 Nov 2017, 12:53
SlimpyJones wrote:Pretty much yes! It's basically 1p per mile. Previously they used to offer the option to buy double the miles (at the same rate), not sure if they still have it.

Yep you can double boost, just annoyed I put off doing it recently as there was a 30% bonus.
#939782 by ScoobySu
21 Nov 2017, 13:33
I recently did a retrospective miles booster but it took over three weeks for it to work.

Each time I tried the call centre had a message that my card had been declined, but it hadn't and I ended up with over eight pending charges on my Amex. It took a number of calls before Points.Com accepted the issue and finally the booster worked. I was fortunate that I managed to find one individual at the Crawley call centre who accepted there was a problem and took responsibility to follow through with their IT support and Points.Com, and of course the booster bonus came in whilst I was waiting ;-)

Spacedog I believe has had the same problem in the past. Once the payment went through it took the stated three days for the miles to hit my account. My reward flights were held for me during the delay as Virgin accepted there was a problem at their end - is a three week two day hold a record?????
Virgin Atlantic