This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940177 by chrisfinch_2000
13 Dec 2017, 14:51
Just received a note about the sale starting tomorrow - This is great news!

(One thing that did catch my eye was an obvious omission... baggage! For many this is more important than food so I am surprised it wasn’t called out?)

“And don't forget, we're cutting our prices, but not the experience. Every fare with Virgin Atlantic will always include delicious food, drinks, fabulous inflight entertainment, and much more besides.”
#940178 by gumshoe
13 Dec 2017, 15:34
chrisfinch_2000 wrote:“And don't forget, we're cutting our prices, but not the experience.”

Except if you were booked in PE on a Caribbean or MAN route ........
#940181 by LREDI
13 Dec 2017, 15:53
Given that DL and AF KLM just announced hand baggage only fares on the TATL routes I don't think VS will be shouting about baggage allowance right now...
#940183 by SlimpyJones
13 Dec 2017, 17:26
I think it is fair to assume that it is a simple oversight and not worth extrapolating one omission as "Virgin are going to introduce hand baggage only fares".
#940194 by seany
13 Dec 2017, 20:42
Was just about to book an ex-DUB trip to MIA in March, but will wait to see if Virgin offer anything similar without the hassle of heading out to DUB and back (though sometimes I quite enjoy that bit!)
Virgin Atlantic