This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940200 by mitchja
13 Dec 2017, 22:05
No more included limo with Upper Class ‘I’ fares from Jan 24th:

We need to let you know about some changes we’re making to our Upper Class ground transportation offering.

From 24 January 2018 we’ll be making the following changes:

We will no longer offer complimentary ground transportation, including chauffeur cars, as part of an I class ticket. This includes Heathrow Express, Limo Bike and all other options, including those in our overseas markets.

Customers booked in I class who would like a chauffeur car transfer will instead have the option of booking one at a preferential Virgin Atlantic rate from our partner Addison Lee.

We are also extending the ability to add on a chauffeur car, at the Virgin Atlantic preferential rate, to Z class bookings globally.
#940202 by David
13 Dec 2017, 22:32
mitchja wrote:No more included limo with Upper Class ‘I’ fares from Jan 24th:

We need to let you know about some changes we’re making to our Upper Class ground transportation offering.

From 24 January 2018 we’ll be making the following changes:

We will no longer offer complimentary ground transportation, including chauffeur cars, as part of an I class ticket. This includes Heathrow Express, Limo Bike and all other options, including those in our overseas markets.

Customers booked in I class who would like a chauffeur car transfer will instead have the option of booking one at a preferential Virgin Atlantic rate from our partner Addison Lee.

We are also extending the ability to add on a chauffeur car, at the Virgin Atlantic preferential rate, to Z class bookings globally.

Boo >-(
#940207 by NV43
14 Dec 2017, 02:06
Our affiliation to VS wears ever thinner.

We have a substantial tranche of miles to use up but, continue to chip away at the UC offering and we'll fly with other carriers.

NV & Lauren
#940208 by gumshoe
14 Dec 2017, 05:54
Frankly I’m amazed the CDCs are still offered at all. No other TATL carrier offers them - not even BA in F.

If VS was serious about competing with the ME3 to Asia then yes, there’s a point in having them. But it’s essentially now a TATL carrier and apart from being a ‘nice-to-have’ perk I can’t believe they’re that important commercially.

However they’ll still be available for the pax they’re aimed at - the business travellers on flexible, company-bought tickets.
#940221 by mitchja
15 Dec 2017, 23:51
Not a silly question at all!! My fault sorry as I should have included the extra bit below.

No, it doesn't apply to existing bookings or new bookings made between now and Jan 23rd:

Customers booking an I class ticket on or before Tuesday 23 January 2018 will still have the option of a complimentary chauffeur car. Any I class bookings made on or after Wednesday 24 January will have the option to pay separately for a chauffeur car.
#940457 by buns
31 Dec 2017, 20:03
cooks19 wrote:Just out of interest how much is a chauffeured car on a z fare typically booked using cash

As a rough rule of thumb, I work on the basis of £100 per hour. so if you are within half and hour of an airport expect to pay around £50 plus any tolls or entry fees.

The best way is to go to Tristar and see how it compares to local cab firms. I always use Tristar as they turn up on time, the car is clean and the driver professional

buns
Virgin Atlantic