This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940242 by NY-LON
17 Dec 2017, 11:46
Apologies if this has been asked before but I am flying on Flybe from Edinburgh and connecting to VS1 on 27 Dec in Upper.

For the Flybe portion, should I be able to select my seat in advance? I've tried to do it via their website (with their booking reference) but it doesn't work (just hangs). Also, will I get my UC hold and carry on allowance for the whole trip or will I have pay for any checked luggage on the Flybe portion (and adhere to their carry-on rules)?
#940244 by David
17 Dec 2017, 13:26
If this was booked on the VS site as EDI to EWR (and there are some cracking prices available :-D ) you should get full baggage allowance from EDI to EWR.

Dont know about the seat selection, but to be honest, if it’s a Q400 plane they are all the same so don’t know if there is one better than the other.

David
#940277 by NY-LON
19 Dec 2017, 10:11
Just an update on this for those that are interested. When I called Virgin, they had to do some investigation and then came back to say that I could have one bag for free but knew nothing about seats. I called FlyBe directly and it turns out that from their perspective I had an "All-In" fare which means 2 bags, fast track and lounge access!

Let's see if I actually get this on the day
#940287 by Sealink
20 Dec 2017, 00:23
NY-LON wrote:Just an update on this for those that are interested. When I called Virgin, they had to do some investigation and then came back to say that I could have one bag for free but knew nothing about seats. I called FlyBe directly and it turns out that from their perspective I had an "All-In" fare which means 2 bags, fast track and lounge access!

You should not have to wait. Log in to the booking on Flybe website.
#945547 by McCoy
12 Aug 2018, 11:08
NY-LON wrote:Just an update on this for those that are interested. When I called Virgin, they had to do some investigation and then came back to say that I could have one bag for free but knew nothing about seats. I called FlyBe directly and it turns out that from their perspective I had an "All-In" fare which means 2 bags, fast track and lounge access!

Could you let me know what happened in the end, re seats and baggage?

I've just booked a Flybe EDI-LHR connection for the first time, as part of a EDI-LHR-SEA , all booked on one ticket.
Upper, and Gold. FlyBE sector is a VS flight number.

But logging in to the booking on Flybe says baggage allowance is 0kg,
And yes, selecting a seat woudl cost £6.50.
I'm not bothered about which seat I'm in, obviously, but I would like to know the baggage situation..
#945548 by mitchja
12 Aug 2018, 11:23
From the VS website here:

If your flight is to or from the USA and operated by one of our codeshare partner airlines (like Delta) and the ticketed flight number starts with “VS”, then the Virgin Atlantic baggage allowance will apply. If your ticketed flight number is not “VS” then our partner airlines' baggage allowance will apply.

Anything with a VS flight number (regardless of who operates the flight) and the normal VS baggage allowance will still apply.
#945549 by McCoy
12 Aug 2018, 11:28
Yeah, I saw that James, but my flight EDI-LHR ISN'T to or from the USA, which is the opening gambit of that statement.
And the only other mention of FlyBE codeshare baggage makes a note to check with FlyBE for baggage info, and of course FlyBE's website doesn't address this specifically.

Update:
tweeted Flybe, and got a response..
"It does depend on how the Flybe ticket has been issued. If it has been issued as an interline ticket agree with the other carrier under the same reference code and ticket number, then luggage will be transferred and honoured."

So that's all cleared up then!

Update 2:
messaged them my booking code..
"I'm happy to confirm that Flybe will honour the baggage allowanceand it will be transferred"

Clear as crystal... ish.
Virgin Atlantic