This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940817 by mitchja
15 Jan 2018, 17:40
VS now on the list of airlines which are banning carrying smart bags with none-removable batteries.

Just received this:

We need to let you know that with immediate effect, Virgin Atlantic are not able to accept Smart Bags with
non-removable lithium batteries as hand or checked baggage on any flight.

Smart Bags with removable batteries will be accepted if the battery is removed and carried separately in hand baggage.

What is a Smart Bag?
Smart Bags are bags with built-in features such as GPS locators, USB ports, Bluetooth connectivity, charging ports, remote lock systems and weight scales.
#940825 by NV43
15 Jan 2018, 19:38
James

Strangely, I was just about to run a google search on 'smart bags' before deciding to log into v-flyer, instead.

Not that I was intending to purchase one, I just wanted to see what other battery powered trinkets are being added at vast cost.

I am intending to part with some cash, when the £/US$ exchange rate has improved, for a OneWheel (https://onewheel.com) that Loz and I saw on our last trip to SFO; very impressive!

NV
#940829 by Bretty
15 Jan 2018, 22:56
Do they come in Gucci? If not then I don’t think I’ll bother lol :cool:
#940840 by pjh
16 Jan 2018, 08:42
ILikeSoton wrote:
pjh wrote:but USB port?

To charge your phone or other device.

"USB ports, Bluetooth connectivity, charging ports, remote lock systems and weight scales"

Surely already covered under "charging ports"?
#940860 by pjh
16 Jan 2018, 21:02
ILikeSoton wrote:
pjh wrote:Surely already covered under "charging ports"?

Charging port for the smart bag? Who are we to question a smart bag. :D

Fair point! It puts me in mind of the Luggage from the Discworld series...
#940863 by NV43
16 Jan 2018, 23:20
I'll second the GPS locator, and add holographic security seals for the zips/locks (also useful for hotel safes), but the only 'smart case' that I've been tempted by, for a very long time, is:

http://www.20ltd.com/product/special-ed ... r-interior
Virgin Atlantic