This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#927527 by pblondon
17 Oct 2016, 12:35
Maybe TSA Pre will come when VS switch to the Delta booking system which can already handle the Trusted Traveller Number?

I've had GE since the beginning of the year and it has saved me so much time, I can now get though JFK immigration in seconds at busy times and even MIA was OK a few weeks ago .
#929846 by Silver Fox
09 Dec 2016, 13:43
Just a note to say that the US Embassy in London is offering this again:

From January 9 through March 10, 2017, conditionally approved applicants can complete their interview at the U.S. Embassy in London (24 Grosvenor Square).

Appointments for London will be available for scheduling in the GOES system starting TODAY - Friday 9th December.
#940865 by gumshoe
17 Jan 2018, 05:49
It has been reported on another forum that Global Entry interviews are now available in London throughout March & April.

They’ll be at the new US embassy in Nine Elms (near Battersea Power Station) which, alas, is a bit of a pain to get to by public transport until they open the new tube extension.
#940883 by mitchja
17 Jan 2018, 15:44
Gavin wrote:Has anyone renewed their GE yet? I took part in the trial 4 years ago and in March my 1 year window for renewal opens, am wondering If I will need an interview again.

An interview may not be necessary when re-newing, from the Global Entry website FAQs:
Will I need to be interviewed again when I renew my program membership?

An interview for program membership renewal may not be necessary. Once you submit your renewal application and fee, check your GOES account periodically for updates on what actions are necessary to complete the renewal process. You will receive an email when your membership status changes.

The GOES account website has now changed to the Trusted Traveller programs website. It's a pretty straight forward process upgrading your old GOES account to a new TTP account though. You just click the relevant link and follow the instructions to link accounts.
#940885 by Gavin
17 Jan 2018, 17:48
Thanks for that, I created a new account. I can't help thinking all the information is for USA citizens though, for instance, will I have to get a check done by the home office? (when I applied I needed a police check)

I suppose I will have to wait until the renewal option appears and see what happens.
#940898 by Gavin
17 Jan 2018, 21:39
It is valid up to your birthdate in the 5th year, so depending on when you apply you could get up to almost 6 years. The drawback is if you apply with others you will all have a different renewal date.

You can renew anytime after your birthday in the 4th year and have to be approved and interviewed (if needed) before your birthdate in the 5th year, otherwise, your GE will expire and you will have to start a new app from scratch.
Virgin Atlantic