This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940903 by oceanscape
17 Jan 2018, 23:13
I used a Gold companion reward to book a return UC flight with an I-class ticket for no miles and just taxes.

My companion can no longer make the outbound flight and needs to fly out a day later. there is a PE miles reward I can book for this. The problem is the return.

If they don't use the outbound of the companion flight will it automatically cancel the return flight or can they still use the return element independently?

It's all on one reference number and eticket so guessing it's a no. If so, what are the chances I could call Virgin, cancel the companion ticket (which I understand I can do for a £30 admin fee and get the taxes back) and then rebook a new one-way 'g' for the return (i.e. will me cancelling it put the 'g' back in the pool, because currently there is no 'g' availability for the return flight).
#940913 by tontybear
18 Jan 2018, 00:55
Their return flight will be cancelled once they no show for the original out bound.

You cancelling a reward flight does not automatically mean it goes back into the system for anyone to try and book.