This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940900 by TravellingTechie
17 Jan 2018, 22:10
Evening all.

The virgin website is particularly vague in the description of meal service. Everything is on "selected flights" which no indication of which flights are selected for what !

I have a choice of two services to New York, the 0900 or the 1150. Does anyone know what options are likely to be on each? I'm guessing the 0900 would be a breakfast to start, and the 1150 probably lunch. Would either have the afternoon tea option or is that only on flights leaving after noon ? Tempted by the 0900 for a nice early arrival but if there's only breakfast that's not so good as surely a decent brekkie is available in the clubhouse ?!

Cheers
TT
#940906 by DoomWolf
17 Jan 2018, 23:27
Not sure the link above works, maybe due to the way the forum software changes it.

Copy the link below and paste it into your browser
Code: Select allhttps://www.virginatlantic.com/content/dam/vaa/documents/virginexperience/6944_Upper%20Class%20meal%20service_matrix_2016_v1.pdf
#940918 by TravellingTechie
18 Jan 2018, 09:11
Morning, me again!

I've studied the menu, and can't find the 1150 outbound (vs137) but the 0900 (vs3) says "dine" so I assume they will be the same. Just checking though if anyone's been on this flight, it is "dinner" despite the early departure?

Also there's nothing about "afternoon tea" on the menu. Is this on all day flights?

This has also made me look at the inbound. Was thinking of 7pm (vs46) but that doesn't offer dinner, only supper. But then so does the 6pm (vs4). Is this normal for the relative short overnight flights? (I note mia-lhr at 2045 (vs6) offers full dinner even though it's a later departure.)

Cheers
TT
#940920 by SlimpyJones
18 Jan 2018, 10:03
The VS137 used to be the VS111, but got changed :)

As for afternoon tea, this now forms part of the extra bites menu, it's still available but isn't a meal service of it's own anymore.

I believe supper is just a reduced dinner service for shorter transatlantic crossings, so yes supper will be on all the overnight JFK-LHR trips!

Hope that helped a bit
#940929 by pjh
18 Jan 2018, 13:45
SlimpyJones wrote:
I believe supper is just a reduced dinner service for shorter transatlantic crossings, so yes supper will be on all the overnight JFK-LHR trips!

I'd advise eating the Clubhouse if taking the overnight back from JFK on VS. There was one year when I didn't and I came off the aircraft hungry.
#940933 by TravellingTechie
18 Jan 2018, 14:40
Thanks folks, most helpful.

Sorry to harp on but just to be sure (as I've been disappointed by BA in the past) that even the morning London to new York service (vs3) will serve a dinner menu and not breakfast.

Cheers
TT
Virgin Atlantic