This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940891 by gumshoe
17 Jan 2018, 20:11
Whichever hotel you choose there are none directly connected to, or walkable from, T3.

There are lots on the Bath Road within a 10-15 minute taxi or bus ride, including the Sheraton recommended above along with a Marriott and (very dated) Holiday Inn.

Aternatively the T4 Hilton and T5 Sofitel are directly connected to their respective terminals from where it's an easy tube, Heathrow Express or bus ride to T3. And for a cheaper option I rather like the Hilton Garden Inn which is a 5-10 minute walk from Hatton Cross station.
#940901 by honey lamb
17 Jan 2018, 22:22
gilly wrote:Our personal favourite for terminals 1,2&3 is the Sheraton Skyline. But overall we like the Sofitel at T5.

Terminal 1 is no more - just sayin'
#940907 by Sealink
17 Jan 2018, 23:27
gumshoe wrote:Whichever hotel you choose there are none directly connected to, or walkable from, T3.

There's an Aerotel currently being built at T3.
#940909 by NV43
17 Jan 2018, 23:34
It depends on how many pounds you are willing to spend.

Our favourite was the Sofitel Heathrow but, on our last trip, we used The Ostrich in Slough.

The Ostrich, High St, Colnbrook, Slough SL3 0JZ
01753 682628

A great pub, really good food in the evening, and an excellent breakfast.

Downside; you need to get there, arrange onward transportation to T3 (£15 by booked Taxi), and you will have to carry your luggage up, and down, a fairly tight staircase to get to the accommodation.

It's a 12th Century coaching inn, it's haunted and it's excellent value for money.

We will be staying there, in the future.

NV and Loz
#940911 by marshy11
18 Jan 2018, 00:14
The Renaissance is perfectly fine and has the advantage of a bus stop outside on the free bus route to the terminals. Busses 105, 111, 140 will take you from right outside (on the road) to T3 free of charge.
#940912 by seany
18 Jan 2018, 00:50
Sealink wrote:Ibis Styles is pretty perfect for T3. Not fancy, but spotless and a free continental breakfast included.

I'm overnighting at LHR for the first time in April and chose this hotel due the reviews, price(£40!) and free easy access to T3, looking forward to it.
#940932 by mallin
18 Jan 2018, 13:55
We personally did not like the Park Inn, stayed there several years ago and the buffet in the evening was fantastic. Went last year and it was awful, room was dated and you could hear next doors, tv and conversations, and the buffet was dire. We upgraded to the fish and chips and it was delicious.

Went to the Renaissance in September and it was superb from start to finish, lovely room, fluffy large towels, great shower and comfy beds (one of the only ones I have been able to sleep in at an airport). Did not eat in the evening but breakfast although busy was good, all cooked to order and plentiful of everything.

We are staying there in March before our VS23 flight to LAX and got a good deal from Holiday Extras, with evening meal and breakfast included, got cash back as well through Topcashback. Its all part of the holiday experience for us to stay overnight, so we want it to be a reasonable experience. Everyones opinion of a place will be different, I do expect good service maybe its the getting older thing, but as I was in the Retail trade I like people to treat me as I would treat them. Linda
#940934 by marshy11
18 Jan 2018, 14:51
mallin wrote:
Went to the Renaissance in September and it was superb from start to finish, lovely room, fluffy large towels, great shower and comfy beds (one of the only ones I have been able to sleep in at an airport). Did not eat in the evening but breakfast although busy was good, all cooked to order and plentiful of everything.

I have to echo this. The beds are very comfy and the linen is lovely. We booked through MSE website via their Holiday Extras link and it was the cheapest we could find. They also have their own parking and if you can arrange both (if you need to) it is VERY convenient.
#940942 by gilly
18 Jan 2018, 18:26
broono83 wrote:We booked the Park Inn by Radisson, looks alright in the photos and very close to T3. Anyone tried it?

We didn't like this hotel at all. It is truly vast, but the room we were allocated was dated, dingy and actually downright uncomfortable.
#940943 by gilly
18 Jan 2018, 18:26
honey lamb wrote:
gilly wrote:Our personal favourite for terminals 1,2&3 is the Sheraton Skyline. But overall we like the Sofitel at T5.

Terminal 1 is no more - just sayin'

Well, I didn’t know that. Thank you.
#940947 by Gee-Force
18 Jan 2018, 19:48
Here's my experiencse of the Heathrow Hotels over the last couple years.

Park Inn - Probably stayed here around half a dozen times, extremely convenient for T3, often can get a room for around £65 but ther is an additional £15 to park for 24hrs (unless you have booked a fly & drive package then the 24hrs before is included free). The closest to T3 of the ones ive stayed at.

Premier Inn Bath Rd - Stayed here several times, a bit further out from T3 but can often get rooms for around £45 but there is an additional £10 for overnight parking. Thyme bar & restaurant and Costa inside and great runway views of planes landing close. Just outside the free bus area but 10 mins walk to that zone, Harlington Corner.

Hilton Garden Inn - Stayed around 6 or 7 times, a really nice hotel with a great breakfast but opposite end of T3 and an uber or taxi will cost around £15-19. Can vary on price, have paid as much as £89 and as little as £43 last weekend.

Premier Inn T4 - Stayed here twice, personally prefer Bath Rd PI which is cheaper as the parking is more convenient there because here they take your car offsite here and it costs £15 (so cant go back and forth to the car if needed). Paid around £55 on both occations for the room excluding the parking.

Hyatt - Used to stay here regularly a few years ago when it was the Heathrow Hotel but not since the change, however my partner stayed here a few months ago and said it was very nice, I think she paid around £67. Very convenient for T3.

Radisson Blu Edwardian - Not stayed here yet (will be in March before VS206 UC to HKG and then SYD :D ) however I have eaten at the Steak & Lobster restaurant and the hotel looks quite nice. Usually around £100 for the night when ive looked.

Hope this can be of help
#940949 by DoomWolf
18 Jan 2018, 21:44
There’s also the Premier Inn M4/J4 which is about the same distance as the Bath Road one. It’s a much more regular Premier Inn and a lot smaller than Bath Road. Parking is £7 I think. We stayed there last August and paid £36 for the night plus parking (Bath Road was around £60-£70 for the same night).
#940952 by Hamster
19 Jan 2018, 11:25
Personally, I'd look at the prices of the Hilton and Premier in at T4, if you aren't going to be at the hotel long (arrive late, leave early), then just get the Tube (free with contactless bank card or oyster) or HEX (free to walk on for anyone) to the central terminal area for T3.

If staying a little longer I'd go for the Sofitel at T5, then again Tube or HEX to central terminal area.

I find getting the Tube/HEX easier than getting a red bus.

It all depends on what price point you are will to pay.

If you want parking too, then look around for best price in local area.
#940972 by chriski
20 Jan 2018, 09:24
New Crowne Plaza opening shortly at T4 looking good.

Having visited many of the hotels mentioned they are all pretty much the same and you can have good and or bad experiences at any of them.

The New T4 premier inn would be a good choice as is is new and convenient. You can get the transfer from T4 to T3 easily.

The only hotels that I would active avoid ( Personal opinion only ) are the Park Inn and the Aerial.
#940979 by Smid
20 Jan 2018, 11:59
Alternative thought if coming down by train.

Stay at a hotel in Hammersmith, it's 30 minutes on the tube (and about 3 quid on oyster card), and you get to spend an evening somewhere with pubs and restaurants and shops and things, rather than an airport bar. We sat at the Blue Anchor pub in August, by the riverside watching the planes flying along the river coming in to land...
#940980 by mitchja
20 Jan 2018, 12:52
The new LHR T4 Crowne Plaza doesn't open though until Q3 2018. There's also going to be a Holiday Inn Express there as well.

I always stay at the other Crowne Plaza near the M4 when I'm flying from LHR. Never had a bad stay or anything but good service from there.

Another vote for avoiding the Ariel here as well. Been messed about 2 out of 2 stays there now, though I did get both stays comp'ed because of their cock-ups.
#941031 by mitchja
21 Jan 2018, 12:47
trusse03 wrote:OK, so we're trying to stick with IHG hotels, seems like the Holiday Inn wouldn't be such a bad option from what people are saying?

I personally don't like the Holiday inn Ariel as I've had 2 out of 2 bad stays there. Between the Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Ariel, I'd go for the Crowne Plaza every time without hesitation. There's also the Holiday Inn M4 as well though I've never stayed there sorry.

Being IHG Platinum I usually either get a room upgrade to Plaza level room and/or lounge access thrown in at the Crowne Plaza. There's a pool at the Crowne Plaza too if you are interested.

There used to be another Holiday Inn on Bath Road which was pretty good but not sure what happened to that as it no longer seems available now?

The only (minor) negative point I have with the Crowne Plaza is that it's the last drop off point if you use the hotel hoppa buses from LHR. It's the 2nd to last pick-up point going back to LHR though (Park Inn is the last pick up) and you get dropped off at T3 first before T2 as well.
#942541 by trusse03
01 Apr 2018, 13:14
We've booked the Crowne Plaza Heathrow in the end. As its our honeymoon I've booked a club room (not broken that news to him yet though). Anyway we're getting the heathrow express from central London on the Saturday.

Whats the best way to get from the terminal to the hotel please? Are we best alighting the Heathrow Express at Terminal 3 or a different terminal?
Virgin Atlantic