This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#113 by SashaJade
07 Jan 2004, 20:43
Hi, just found your website yesterday and I wondered if anyone can help me?
Myself and my daughter (aged 15)are flying to LAX on 2nd August from Heathrow and when we went the last time we were in row 45 (or there abouts) and I had the little box in front of me and I found it to be very uncomfortable as I am 5ft 8ins. We can pre-book our seats from the 4th February and wondered if anyone has any advice as to which seats to book. We sat on the left side last time so would like the right side this time, just to see the view from there.My daughter is as tall as me and needs leg room also.
I am also a very nervous flyer who needs medication to get on a plane.
Alo how do I go about pre-booking the seats as last time we just took what was given to us. What about the return flight, do we pre-book at the same time? We fly back on the 30th August.
Thanks for any help and advice.
From Sasha Jade
#25196 by RichardMannion
07 Jan 2004, 21:34
Hi Sasha,

First of all welcome! Theres been a fair few new members recently :)

The bos you are talking about was more than likely the Vport Control box for the section of the row of seats you were in. Use the seat rating sectiosn for a good idea (http://www.virginflyer.com/seats.asp).

Seats can be booked from 180 days before departure, so you can book the seats for your return flights 180 days before departure too.

At 5ft8 you should be okay for legroom, I have seen much taller people cope on Virgin Flights. Exit seats are available but they are £50 each; not to be funny but if you said to check-in that you need legroom because you are tall, they would think you are on a Wind-up - 6ft2+ is tall.

If you look through some of the other recent posts, I put a bit about seat reservations not been guaranteed - you stand 95%+ chance of getting the seats you prebooked.

Thanks,
Richard