This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#116 by mcuth
08 Jan 2004, 13:31
Well, I think I've more or less got my flights sorted for my business & leisure trip to the US in March/April.

My company uses AMEX to book all business travel (they're &^%*#@$ useless, they originally had me booked to fly out of SLC an hour before I arrived from SMF, even after I'd told them the arrival times of the leisure flight I'd booked - but then that's another rant althogether :D)

Seems I'll be doing the following:
15/03: LGW > MCO VS27 PE (more than likely W class)
20/03: MCO > SLC DL231 Coach (ugh - am contacting DL to see about an upgrade)
27/03: SLC > SMF DL951 First (leisure part of the trip :D)
03/04: SMF > SLC DL858 First
03/04: SLC > JFK DL704 Coach (back on the company booked bit)
03/04: O/night in NYC
04/04: JFK > LHR VS4 PE (looks ripe for using miles to upgrade to a suite methinks)

Believe it or not, it's actually cheaper to do the one way tickets for LGW > MCO > SLC, SLC > JFK > LHR than it is to do "normal" returns!

Michael
#25298 by mcuth
17 Jan 2004, 16:00
quote:I wrote
04/04: JFK > LHR VS4 PE (looks ripe for using miles to upgrade to a suite methinks)

Indeed it does - just spoke to VA today and this flight should have the suite. I asked about paying to upgrade now, but because we use AMEX for travel bookings, they can't help me with cash upgrades until I start my journey with them (i.e. at the airport). Still, I can upgrade from PE to UC using only 20k miles for the one way - depending on the cost, this looks like a VERY good option :D

Michael