This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#118 by jm
08 Jan 2004, 17:05
I called Virgin today to request UC seat assignment for JFK-LHR flights in June. My wife and I chose 7a and 7c for the inbound and outbound flight. Currently, our flights are not equipped with suites, but they might be by June. The Virgin rep told me that if the plane is equipped with suites, our seat assignment will automatically change to 7a and 8a. She said that I did not have to do anything else. Has anyone else inquired about how seat assignments are converted from regular UC seats to suites? I was wondering if Virgin has issued a policy on the matter.
#25252 by mitchja
14 Jan 2004, 13:34
I've got a reward Upper Class flight booked for April 18th 2003 on VS19 LHR-SFO. If bookings are made direct with Virgin Atlantic you can now view your seating assignment online using the Virgin Atlantic web site - all you need is either your e-ticket number or your booking reference.

I'm in 3K both ways - been told this should be UC suite. Lets just hoope it is!!!!
#25253 by mitchja
14 Jan 2004, 13:41
sorry - I should point out that your can only currently see a seat number when viewing your booking online- no actual seating map is displayed - maybe this will be added later.
#25254 by Pete
14 Jan 2004, 14:13
Welcome to the forum mitchja.

Your outbound on the 18th April is indeed scheduled to be a Suite-fitted aircraft. You're in for a treat!

Personally I'd suggest being in the main cabin (rows 15-20) for the outbound - unless your objective is peace and quite in both directions, of course :)

My understanding (but not tested this!), is that if your Flying Club number is in the booking, and you're logged into the site, it'll find tickets not necessarily issued by VS directly or booked via the web. Can anyone confirm this? I could be talking rubbish, of course :)

Pix.
#25256 by ChuckC
14 Jan 2004, 15:18
Pix,
Regarding seeing your seat assignment regardless of where the reservation was booked, I have a LAX/LHR rewards trip that I booked with Delta where I selected a VS "partners" award. The res locator I received was a DL number. When I spoke with VS res agent, I was given my very own VS locator. It did not bring up my reservation on the FC website, however. For the same trip, two reservations I booked with VS directly (for traveling mates) are indeed viewable on the website, including seat assignments.

Hope this helps. Thanks to all for the excellent dialogue.
Chuck-

chuckc
#25262 by mitchja
15 Jan 2004, 01:18
Thanks pixuk :)

After reading the seating comments I'm going to ask to swap to 16K. Until I saw the seat plans on here I didn't relise that 3K was on the upper deck - not keen on Upper Class on the upper deck - too far to walk to the bar!!!! [:p][:p]

I just hope that I get on G-VROC cos' I'm dying to try V:Port out [^]
#25270 by mitchja
15 Jan 2004, 13:00
Just had a reply back from Virgin and I'm now in 6K outbound and 16K inbound.....it is scheduled to be an UC Suite service. Hopefully by April G-VHOT and G-VFAB will have been suited up giving a better chance of getting UCS.

I wonder when online/self service check-in will start? I hope it will be like BA's or BMI's where you can change you seat assignment.

Silver Flying Club member since 2000
Virgin Atlantic