This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#124 by jm
11 Jan 2004, 21:46
Where on the different trans-atlantic flights (747's, different Airbus planes) do they seat individuals travelling with infants? My wife and I lost our infant son to a genetic disorder a few years back, so my wife prefers not to sit next to infants on long flights. Any information would be appreciated.
#25233 by Bazz
12 Jan 2004, 15:28
Sorry to hear of your loss JM. In my experience they can be seated anywhere, it is pot luck. You can ask at check-in I suppose?

Bazz
Still Flying
#25236 by BlackCat
13 Jan 2004, 10:01
Babies that require a bassinet will be at bulkhead positions, but as Bazz says, other children can be seated anywhere -- I don't think VS check-in staff have any rules they follow in this respect.

BC
#25241 by RichardMannion
13 Jan 2004, 23:04
Hi,

Really sorry to hear about your sad loss. What I would do is:-

a) Explain on the day or phoen up in advance - they will have an idea how many infants are travelling - they compile the data before the flight opens for check-in.

b) If its infants in particular, then I would take the seats right down the back as it tails in 2-4-2 and I can't recall seeing any young children down the back of the plane for a while.

Thanks,
Richard
#25255 by jm
14 Jan 2004, 15:10
Thanks for all of the advice!
Virgin Atlantic