This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#13 by Bazz
14 Nov 2003, 12:04
Pix,

Read your G-VTOP Suite Report (or should it be Sweet Report :) ) v interesting, so the UC cabin up front has lost 2 seats from 12 down to 10 as it was 2-2 x 3 and now is 1-1 x 5.

For us lesser mortals, what, if anything, has happened to the PE config on the upper deck? I'm assuming it stays the just the same as they can't move the exit, so exit row will remain row 70?

When will you have the new cabin layout up and running on VirginFlyer?

Bazz
Still Flying
#25018 by Bazz
14 Nov 2003, 17:48
Pix,

No, it was my typing, [:I] what I meant was upper deck, up front, not lower deck in the nose. Your description was just fine. [^]

Glad to hear PE upper deck has not changed.

Bazz
Still Flying
#25019 by RichardMannion
15 Nov 2003, 13:56
If anything the capacity for PE will be going up in the future - it is getting very popular now. I know the other day I was chatting to an agent about volumes and MCO in particular. We all know that zone B is typically PE custoemrs with a PE service in a J seat.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't in the future offer a full J service to the A Zone - 16 seats (more than enough) and then offer a 'Club Orlando' offering for Zone B - 12 seats.

I remember the time when Premium Economy was advertised as no more than 32 seats, now its up to 38 and counting.

Thanks,
Richard
#25286 by mitchja
16 Jan 2004, 23:43
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
If anything the capacity for PE will be going up in the future - it is getting very popular now.

I agree - I tried and failed to book a PE seat last year 5 months in advance for a VS6 flight via Virgin Holidays. Even they now warn people that PE seats sell out very quickly - no wonder looking at the PE supplements - last year it was as low as £145 one way. With a Frequent Virgin or Flying Club 10% discount it comes down to £130.50. Also you now get the choice of booking Economy, PE or Upper using their web site. I have never been in a PE cabin with an empty seat yet...I suppose some of those were bumped up though.

Silver Flying Club member since 2000
#25289 by Bazz
17 Jan 2004, 13:14
Unfortunately Mitchja, most of the VH upgrade supplements have gone up for 2004. Certainly the ones to the west coast have risen quite sharply. [:(]

Bazz
Still Flying
#25294 by mitchja
17 Jan 2004, 14:32
yeah true - guess VH are cashing in on PE's popularity now

Silver Flying Club member since 2000
Virgin Atlantic