This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#26304 by jaguarpig
03 Mar 2004, 11:48
I Have seen a marked improvement in service over the last few months and have not had a bad flight in E/PE/UC for quite a while.Talking to various cabin crew I was told they have been on a new customer service programme recently.
#26315 by Jonathan S
03 Mar 2004, 18:25
Just to update you. I received a letter from RB (or at least his office, but had an RB signature - which didn't look like an autopen).

I received 10k miles also.

For the record, the miles are a nice gesture - but the letter was a good honest apology, and a commitment to delivering good service.

Ultimatly the strongest brand lives and dies by the experience of its service. I agree that on the whole the Virgin service is better than its direct competition.

I didn't write to complain for complaining's sake - I sent a letter because I want VS to succeed in this tough market.

I too work in brand marketing, and understand the power of brands - but this counts for nothing without consistency.

Brands that fail are brands that fail to admit when they are wrong and make change.

Jonathan
#26321 by Bazz
04 Mar 2004, 09:51
Glad you received a satisfactory response Jonathan. Completely agree with you on branding, it's good when you can make a difference, often companies loose touch with their customer base when they reach a certain stage in their development and it's usually down hill from there! Good to learn that VS is not one of those! :)