This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#217 by candyman
03 Feb 2004, 11:45
hi
can anyone tell me do they allow you to take photos onboard in uc?
i am not too sure with all th security issues.
the reason i ask is my disabled daughters school have asked us to take photos of her in every portion of her very special holiday, and as this will be her first ever flight we would like to take some if it is allowed.

thanks in advance of your help

steve w hickling
#25536 by RichardMannion
04 Feb 2004, 00:14
You should be absolutely fine. Jack Osborne and his entourage took over one of the Upper Class sections on a flight from LAX to LHR last year - the crew ahd to sign forms saying they didn't mind being in the footage that was being shot.

Thanks,
Richard
#25541 by candyman
04 Feb 2004, 12:45
thanks but i am just a little less famous than him !!!

seriously thanks
do you think i should write to anyone in advance of our flight to ask permision-- if i got a reply i could take with me it may smooth the way !!
if the answer is yes any ida of a name and an address

thanks

steve w hickling
#25546 by RichardMannion
04 Feb 2004, 20:42
Even if you phoned they probably wouldn't know or be able to help, HQ is different to in the air. Like when I'm checking in, theres not much FC Premier can do if something isn't right.

Don't be worried from the security front, there are plenty of interior pictures of planes available includign Virgin. I took quite a few on Concorde and so tto did the other passengers. Security is a concern, but when you can download detailed plans of Boeing planes via their website.....

Thanks,
Richard
#29144 by jonathan020
14 Apr 2004, 23:17
Flew AA last weekend and they tell you that filming AA staff and procedures is prohibited. I also got told to put my video camera away at BOS last weekend. I was filming aircraft landing from the window at an AA gate.

Best thing to do is ask....
#29149 by The_Banking_Scot
14 Apr 2004, 23:29
Hi,

I would ask on board but on VS 19 to SFO one pax in the front seat 6k took a couple of pictures ( the cabin crew even took one of him in the suite with his camera)

Regards

TBS
#29150 by mcuth
14 Apr 2004, 23:29
quote:Originally posted by candyman
can anyone tell me do they allow you to take photos onboard in uc?

All I can say is ask - the IFAs were more than happy for me to take pictures onboard Mustang Sally (VS04) last weekend :)

Cheers
#29161 by jonathan020
14 Apr 2004, 23:59
Good ole Virgin, they always seem to be able to accomodate people. I notice a recent piccy on Airliners.net that someone took in the cockpit of V-TOP when it was on the ground, I bet I wouldnt get anywhere near the cockpit if I asked on my AA flight.
#29179 by vsdan
15 Apr 2004, 02:27
i saw that pic on airliners.net too! I also saw on a trip report that the cabin crew let them visit the flight deck in LA after landing! So, I think it should be fine. I took a photo on the aircraft, and a cabin crew member was behind and they were all fine about it.
#29188 by jaguarpig
15 Apr 2004, 11:13
Never had any problems on VS and I always shoot a bit of video.I was once told on BA that I could not use a camcorder but only once.I always ask first though.
#29270 by PaulS
15 Apr 2004, 20:45
Had no problem taking photo's off upper deck on Honeypie in January. Crew even offered to take one of me. I think VS crew are just more friendly and they know that all us VS passengers love the airline and are really great people.
#29272 by snoz
15 Apr 2004, 21:04
VS Premier? Richard? Is this a type of life beyond gold????
#29273 by The_Banking_Scot
15 Apr 2004, 21:12
Hi snoz,

I think that Richard was referring to the FC Premier Team ( on the phones). I think when Gold Card Holders ( or Upper class reservation line) phone we get through to the Premier team .

Regards

TBS
#29274 by snoz
15 Apr 2004, 21:16
Ah.... thanks for the clarification. I go gold on Sunday (as I may have mentioned repeatedly) and was wondering what I was going to do with my life after all my ambitions are over.

quote:Originally posted by The_Banking_Scot
Hi snoz,

I think that Richard was referring to the FC Premier Team ( on the phones). I think when Gold Card Holders ( or Upper class reservation line) phone we get through to the Premier team .

Regards

TBS
#29277 by honey lamb
15 Apr 2004, 21:45
quote:I bet I wouldnt get anywhere near the cockpit if I asked on my AA flight.

My 15 year old son got into the cockpit last year on Delta and Hawaiian Airlines and the captain and crew were only too delighted to take his photo while in the left hand seat! He has one of these as his wallpaper.

Another friend who has taken a lot of photos on Airliners.net has had mixed reaction from US airlines when taking photos in airports from threatening to accomodating.
#29278 by RichardMannion
15 Apr 2004, 21:49
quote:Originally posted by The_Banking_Scot
Hi snoz,

Regards

TBS

That's pretty much it ;)

Depends which number you call. Can't remember the last time I called the VS Au or UC line whilst in the UK.

Thanks,
Richard

There is life after Gold, but you know when you get there.
#29282 by Decker
16 Apr 2004, 01:02
Snoz

The excitement is understandable so enjoy! My wife never understands these races to qualify but as June approaches, and with it her coming elevation to Au she too is becoming excited. We both agree that VS treat their frequent flyers incredibly well.
#29298 by Goldenoldie
16 Apr 2004, 06:39
Snoz

On your life ambition review now you are going gold, I suggest that an even more pressing ambition will be to remain gold! I can't imagine how depressed I would get if I had to revert back to silver having experienced gold.........

Congrats on getting gold.

cheers Goldenoldie
#29320 by anteo
16 Apr 2004, 13:12
Getting waaaaaay ahead of myself here, but if you dont make enough to retain Gold, do you have a 'soft landing' to Silver or if you have <10 tier points can you go straight to Red???
(not passing Go, not collecting £200 etc... [:p])
#29323 by snoz
16 Apr 2004, 13:23
I understand that they will name a plane after me if I renew?
#29325 by Goldenoldie
16 Apr 2004, 13:48
Snoz

Name a plane after you for renewing AU? Why not ask to be named after something a bit more up-market like an electric drill?:D

cheers
GO
#29331 by snoz
16 Apr 2004, 14:26
Snoz Atlantic has a nice ring to it.
#29344 by AlanA
16 Apr 2004, 16:20
quote:Originally posted by anteo
Getting waaaaaay ahead of myself here, but if you dont make enough to retain Gold, do you have a 'soft landing' to Silver or if you have <10 tier points can you go straight to Red???
(not passing Go, not collecting £200 etc... [:p])

I'm still smarting from Your new (red)replacement card will be with you shortly. :-(
#29359 by RichardMannion
16 Apr 2004, 18:44
Soft landing to Silver if you don't make enough points to renew Gold.

Now I'd love to have a plane named after me, knowing my luck it'd be one of the Classic's or one that's out in the Mojave.

Thanks,
Richard
#29364 by Pete
16 Apr 2004, 19:17
Be nice if they named an aircraft 'VirginFlyer' ;) Then it'd be named after all of us.
Virgin Atlantic