This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#279 by HelenF
18 Feb 2004, 11:15
Hi,

I've seen comment in various places that you can pay to access the Clubhouse at LHR. Is this still the case? I'm flying out on a Saturday morning, so presume the lounge won't be too full of business travellers.

Helen
#25855 by BlackCat
18 Feb 2004, 12:23
Hi Helen and welcome aboard. There is some evidence that you can sometimes pay for LHR Clubhouse access. Other people can confirm, but I think it can be fairly expensive (sixty-quid rings a bell) and of course they do not offer this when the Clubhouse is full. It will depend on what is happening at the day/time you travel, so best to ask on the day...

BC
#25857 by Bazz
18 Feb 2004, 13:07
This from the Virgin Holidays website:

Relax in the Clubhouse before you fly
Virgin Atlantic have an exclusive lounge at Gatwick Airport know as the Clubhouse. This is set in a superb location overlooking the runway, with easy access to the departure gates. Access to the Clubhouse is now pre-bookable at £30 per person (min age 12). This includes complimentary bar, bar snacks, music room, computer games room, hair and beauty salon, (extra charge) shower and washrooms (smart/casual dress code applies).

No mention of the LHR Clubhouse unfortunately.

Bazz
Still Flying
#25862 by RichardMannion
18 Feb 2004, 16:20
and on the above comment, I queried this with LGW about limiting it. and VS confirmed it was limited to 10 entries per day.

Thanks,
Richard
#25870 by David
18 Feb 2004, 18:12
We have twice been given an invitation while waiting in the P/E queue to check in ... at cost of £25 each, payable at the clubhouse. Don't know if this was a quiet day and they were trying to drum up some extra pennys ;)

David
#25875 by Nottingham Nick
18 Feb 2004, 18:46
In the Virgin Holidays City Breaks brochure for 2004 is an identical invitation to ALL customers travelling from LHR to New York with Virgin Holidays.

When I first saw this several months ago, I had a very unsatisfactory series of email exchanges with Virgin Atlantic customer services. They first claimed I had misread it and then - this is an edited prŽcis of their response.......

"The offer of access for the lounge at Heathrow was offered to ALL passengers at a cost of gbp30.00 per person depending on whether space was available. However, this has subsequently been withdrawn due to the introduction of the new Upper Class Suite. The Clubhouses at Gatwick and Heathrow are now only available to those passengers travelling in the Upper Class cabin and flying club Gold members......

I cannot comment on the wording of the Virgin Holidays brochure and you would need to address any inaccuracies to them."

Right hand / left hand??

Nick

VS Silver
Flying with Virgin since 1984.
#25886 by HelenF
18 Feb 2004, 22:16
Thanks everyone.

Helen
#25891 by mcuth
19 Feb 2004, 01:40
Nick

quote:Right hand / left hand??

No way am I commenting any further on that ;)

:D

Michael
Virgin Atlantic